Toddlers: 24 Months+

2.5 behavior

Hello! So im usually on the August 2013 board, or the 2nd trimester board as I'm 26 weeks with baby #2. I have a 2.5 year old little boy as well. I am looking for some help, suggestions, just words of wisdom, tips.. ANYTHING!

Ok, so, I have just recently started back up at my old job at a daycare. I am allowed to bring along my son (which helps out tremendously)  but I'm having mixed feelings about him being there. He is the usually hyper little boy with a huge personality. He loves people and there is no bit of shy in him.. oh and he DOES have tantrums quite a bit but they do pass. 

Last week I brought him over to his room (I'm working in an older children's room) and I sat and watched him for a minute. I saw three 4-5 year olds try and show him how to hit himself in the face. I told my coworker what was happening and she laughed and said they were just being silly. Now, i understand little boys will be boys but I personally thought that was inappropriate for others to teach a younger child how to hit. I left it for a minute. I ended up walking with one of them, and my son, to go pick up two younger children from the gym. The little boy was trying to show my son AGAIN. I told him it wasn't okay to teach younger ones to do that yadda yadda, and he stopped. I would have let it slide but now our little guy has started to hit US in the face. I was also speaking to another coworker and she mentioned to me that whenever the little ones (my sons daycare room) is outside, there is usually so much going on and the two teachers that are in that room are just standing at the gate doing nothing. There are a few more things that have been bugging me but this post is already long enough lol.

I have noticed such a change in DS its unreal. I understand he will pick things up from daycare but all things are so negative. His tantrums are horrible now, and he hits so much. I DO correct him and discipline (time outs, take a toy away or something) and I am firm about it..but nothing is working. His language has gotten bad as well. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm nervous for when the new baby comes. ahh. Any advice? or do you think im over exaggerating??

photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif

Re: 2.5 behavior

• Hmm I would be freaked out too. Im actually about to go look at a Montessori today to put DD there and now Im worried that it might make her worse. She already has terrible tantrums and I was hoping it would calm her to be in that structured environment. But then I think they will learn it anywhere. For example yesterday at the park she was playing with a 3yr old little girl and I saw the little girl start to show her how to throw sand in her face. I stopped it but it was too late. DD thought it was funny until sand got in her eye.

I sometimes wonder why kid's "teach" little ones to do stuff like that when they know it will hurt them. Sorry i was no help though! I hope it gets better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • BeanNutBeanNut member

I have noticed that ours (28 mos and 9 mos) learn bad behaviors from daycare from the other kids.  They also learn a lot of great things at daycare and overall we feel great about our center.

If you feel that the negatives outweigh the positives or even if you are just uncomfortable with the center, maybe it's not the right environment for you and your son.  

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"