Health & Exercise
Options

More than the recommended amount?

Has anyone here gained more than the recommended amount and successfully lost the baby weight afterwards?  This morning I hit the 35 pound mark and I still have three weeks to go - everything I've read says if you gain more than the recommended amount it's a lot harder to lose baby weight so it's got me a little worried.  Thanks!

Re: More than the recommended amount?

• Options
    I gained 6 pounds the last week of my pregnancy. I swelled up. I gained just over 35. I lost 20 of it right away. When I set my mind to it and decided to get rid of it, the last 15 came off quickly. It took about 4 months of diet and exercise to lose it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LuvSDLuvSD member
    I gained a ton! 50 lbs to be exact. I started pregnancy about 20lbs overweight too. I am 8 months pp and have lost 54 lbs. I have about 16 left until I hit my goal weight. It is definitely possible but it is hard work and takes time. Be patient.
    imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cjm724cjm724 member
    Obviously the more weight you gain, the more you are going to have to lose.  Since dieting and exercising is difficult for some people to commit to, it makes it harder to lose those extra pounds.  If you are dedicated and work hard, you will have no problem losing all the weight you gained.  Good luck!
  • Options

did I ever...I gained 76 total!  I didn't think I would ever stop gaining.  40 pounds of it was water retention.  I swore something was wrong with me but we were both healthy.  This is what I'm really afraid of happening when we have #2.  It was really hard on my body because I have a small frame.  It created lots of problems for me.

I did loose it all in a year and then some.  I've lost 86 pounds total.  I'm less than I was before but don't look as skinny because all the weight has shifted 

I wouldn't say it's harder to loose extra weight, it just takes a little more time.  It's funny because I gained so much but I look better than those that gained the recommended amount.  It's all about your dedication to getting it off.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gained almost 50 lbs with DS #1. I was successful and lost it all within a year. I was actually in better shape after DS than before I got pregnant. You just have to work for it if you want. But don't let people scare you. You can totally do it!
  • Options

I never heard that and the 25-35 "recommended" amount is just an average. Were you on the thinner side to begin with? Regardless, it's just another 3 weeks and now is not the time to diet. Just don't worry about it. 

I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy, naturally lost all but 7 lbs by the time I went back to work 3 months PP and then I lost the final 7 around 7/8 months PP. I got back to my honeymoon weight when DH & I went low-carb. No dieting, no serious exercise regime involved.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"