Babies: 9 - 12 Months

All of the sudden waking to eat???

DS has slept through the night since he was 5 months old, from 7pm-5am, sometimes later.  Now all of the sudden at 9.5 months he has been waking in the middle of the night and does not stop crying until he's fed.  Last night he woke up TWICE!  What gives?

Re: All of the sudden waking to eat???

• This happened to us a few weeks ago.  He woke up once/night every night. it was easiest just to feed him and he'd go straight back to sleep. I figured he was going through a growth spurt. But, then he wouldn't want his morning bottle so it seemed to be more a habit. We did literally one hour of sleep training and he was back to STTN.

Now he's getting up super early, but I'm attributing that to teething and not finish his nighttime bottle, learning to crawl and all kinds of other developmental stuff. Luckily, I know my son well enough to know that he'll get back to his usual self eventually even if it takes a little more sleep training. 

• Thanks.  That's what I was wondering - if giving him his bottle would create a habit and he would expect it every night, or if it's just a growth spurt or something and it will pass.  It sucks that this has to happen right before Memorial Day Weekend when we're suppose to go stay at the in-laws lake house.  I don't want to wake the whole house by letting him cry back to sleep so I'll probably continue to give him his bottle if he wakes at least through the weekend.  And here i've been bragging about what a good sleeper he is.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStellaAnn:
    Thanks.  That's what I was wondering - if giving him his bottle would create a habit and he would expect it every night, or if it's just a growth spurt or something and it will pass.  It sucks that this has to happen right before Memorial Day Weekend when we're suppose to go stay at the in-laws lake house.  I don't want to wake the whole house by letting him cry back to sleep so I'll probably continue to give him his bottle if he wakes at least through the weekend.  And here i've been bragging about what a good sleeper he is.

Eh, if anyone gives you grief just say it's the change in surroundings. He probably wouldn't have slept as well, anyway. They usually don't adjust that quickly to sleeping in a new place. 

• imagecedenton:

imageStellaAnn:
    Thanks.  That's what I was wondering - if giving him his bottle would create a habit and he would expect it every night, or if it's just a growth spurt or something and it will pass.  It sucks that this has to happen right before Memorial Day Weekend when we're suppose to go stay at the in-laws lake house.  I don't want to wake the whole house by letting him cry back to sleep so I'll probably continue to give him his bottle if he wakes at least through the weekend.  And here i've been bragging about what a good sleeper he is.

Eh, if anyone gives you grief just say it's the change in surroundings. He probably wouldn't have slept as well, anyway. They usually don't adjust that quickly to sleeping in a new place. 

I'm not too worried about it but I'm not about to let him CIO for an hour and wake the whole house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"