Food & Nutrition

Making purees

So I recently bought an immersion blender and made my first puree today. The problem that I had is that the bowl I mixed in wasn't deep enough and the puree splattered. What type of container do you recommend for making purees? Since I am not making mass quantities, I was thinking about a milkshake cup like this. Do you think it will work?
=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage

Re: Making purees

• Yep that would totally work. My immersion blender came with a container that has the same shape as the milkshake cup but has a larger circumference. Immersion blenders are awesome - I make smoothies with mine all the time.
  • I'm sure that would work fine.  I just use my small food processor, it's about the same size.  There's no need to use something larger.  One batch in my small food processor makes a whole freezer tray usually!  Good for you for making your own baby food....it's hard work, but I really enjoy it.
  • Loading the player...
  • That would work fine!
    m/c 2013
  • I've been using my regular CuisinArt food processor and really like it. I also have a Magic Bullet but have not found it to be nearly as useful.  The only thing (so far) that the Magic Bullet worked better for was when I was pureeing just 1 avocado.  Since I'm usually doing a larger batch though my food processor works better (note, I've also used my food processor to make milkshakes and I personally like it better than a blender!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"