2nd Trimester
Options

Does anyone have Kaiser Permanente for insurance?

Do they offer the Harmony blood test or MaterniT21 test? 

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

Re: Does anyone have Kaiser Permanente for insurance?

• Options
    Call and ask.  Even people with the same company will have different coverage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do, in Northern California.  You can get the test done, but it is not covered by the insurance yet, unless you have an abnormal NT u/s, then they will cover the test and put you into a study.  I'm sure they will probably cover it a few years from now, but not currently.  I self payed & the Materni T21 company negotiated the price down to $600, based on our income.   It was worth the money for our peace of mind (I am 39).  It's my one gripe w/ kaiser.  They have otherwise superior prenatal care, but they need to catch up on this one issue & cover the test.  It never hurts to ask you OB if there is any way to get them to cover it, but I don't think they will.  Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work there, so naturally I also have their insurance and I was wondering the same thing. I live in southern California. I got a high risk positive marker for one of my genetics tests and I was going to ask the genetics counselor on wednsday when I go in if that test is available. Trying not to freak out too much since I know these tests render a lot of false positives but I'm also staying positive. 
  • Options
    If you have a positive marker, they should put you into a study and do the MaterniT21 for free, at least that's what they told me they do here in nor. cal.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"