One & Done: Only child
Options

Change of heart

My husband surprised me with a new stroller and when we were talking about, I wanted him to return it as he spent a lot of money on it, he kept saying, if we ever decide to have another it will have been a good investment and to keep the travel system too just in case. I was floored. We have decided to be OAD but are keeping an open mind if the other wants to have another. We decided for my 31st birthday 2 years away he is getting snipped though. I am sort of at a loss as to what to say to him when he starts talking like that, I can't imagine he'll say anything in the near future as we had a trying weekend with camping with a 17 month old but now it makes me wonder if he'll change his mind.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Change of heart

• Options

That's sweet that he thought of you like that and purchased that.  If you do decide to not be OAD, it should definitely be a mutual decision.

The one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that it was travel system.  If it's a stroller and car seat combo, be care of the expiration date on the car seat.  You probably already know this, but you will want the most current and up to date car seat, so that might something to keep in mind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelovelyX:
    We decided for my 31st birthday 2 years away he is getting snipped though.

Wow, two years? A lot can happen in two years. Just ask my sister and my good friend, both of whom had reluctant husbands who didn't want to get snipped. They both got pregnant, my sister with her 4th (!) at 40, and my friend with her 3rd. Both were on what they thought to be reliable long-term birth control.  

If you are truly OAD, you might think about moving that 2 years up a bit! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"