Connecticut Babies
Options

TTC but need a new doctor

Hi this is my first post on the bump!!! After just over two years we are TTC! I am very excited! But first thing is first! I need a new doctor! I cant stand mine and I couldnt even think of 10 months of appts with this women.. So i was hoping for a little help. 

I live in ansonia do not want to deliver at waterbury or st. marys personal reasons with both hospitals results in horrible outcomes for my family.

Looking at delivering at griffen. Possible somewhere in New haven but not sure. 

All recommendations would be great! Male or female is fine. Just not some hot young ob thats a little werid for me.  

Re: TTC but need a new doctor

• Options
    I work at St. Raphael's and plan on delivering there. I see Dr. Flaherty of Generations OB/GYN. Many nurse and doctor friends used him or his partners,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Look on the hosptial website, and you can look up physicians that have an association with that hospital
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I see the midwives at St. Raes. The group is called Center for Womans Health and Midwifery.  I loved them.  The woman are all really nice and they actually run the OB floor at the hospital.  They do something cool called Centering which is group centered midwifery care.  You meet with a small group of other women all due the same time as you and spend about 10 mins each individually with the midwife but then take your own BP, dip your own urine, weigh yourself and then you have a group that runs about 1-1.5 hrs that is your prenatal classes (birth, breastfeeding, baby care, etc).

St Raphaels just redid their OB floor about 2 years ago.  It is gorgeous.  Plus it is the only baby friendly hospital in the area. And there is an amazing breastfeeding program at the hospital that is free and meets 3x a week.  My girls are 6 mos and we still go 1-2x week just for the social aspect.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Options
    imageJodiAriel:

I see the midwives at St. Raes. The group is called Center for Womans Health and Midwifery.  I loved them.  The woman are all really nice and they actually run the OB floor at the hospital.  They do something cool called Centering which is group centered midwifery care.  You meet with a small group of other women all due the same time as you and spend about 10 mins each individually with the midwife but then take your own BP, dip your own urine, weigh yourself and then you have a group that runs about 1-1.5 hrs that is your prenatal classes (birth, breastfeeding, baby care, etc).

St Raphaels just redid their OB floor about 2 years ago.  It is gorgeous.  Plus it is the only baby friendly hospital in the area. And there is an amazing breastfeeding program at the hospital that is free and meets 3x a week.  My girls are 6 mos and we still go 1-2x week just for the social aspect.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I do have a friend, a nurse, that uses this group as well and loves them. I opted for an OB/GYN since I will have a repeat C Section.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"