Georgia Babies

OB on South Side of Atlanta?

We just found out we're pregnant, and I'm curious to know if anyone has a recommendation for a good OB on the south side of Atlanta.  We saw a doc at Eagle's Landing OBGYN, but we waited 2 hours after our appointment time to see her, and we just weren't very impressed.  I have also heard bad things about the practice that Dr. Simpson-Jones is in.  We are pretty flexible in terms of driving somewhere else (Griffin, Fayetteville, etc.), but I really want a smaller, more intimate practice, preferably one that has midwives on staff.

Re: OB on South Side of Atlanta?

• I've heard terrible things about Eagle's Landing OBGYN too. I had DD at Emory Midtown, which I thought was good at the time, but not loving how the practice has changed recently. I'm switching to Northside for this pregnancy. It's worth the drive for me because I haven't had good experiences at Henry Piedmont for other issues, and wouldn't trust delivering there.

I have a couple firends who delivered at Piedmont Fayette and had good experiences. Sorry, I don't know what doctors they used though.

• It's been a while but I used to see Dr Slade at southern crescent women's. she was great. She actually ended up delivering both of my nieces even though my SIL saw someone else at this practice. I know lots of people who were very happy with this practice and delivered at piedmont Fayette, so maybe give them a call.

• Loading the player...
  • I have actually been debating on whether or not to look into Piedmont Fayette.  I also had kind of thought about Atlanta Medical, because that is where the midwives at Intown Midwifery deliver, and they do water births, but that seems kind of far (especially if I go into labor during rush hour, haha).  Thanks!
  • imageslwprincess:
    It's been a while but I used to see Dr Slade at southern crescent women's. she was great. She actually ended up delivering both of my nieces even though my SIL saw someone else at this practice. I know lots of people who were very happy with this practice and delivered at piedmont Fayette, so maybe give them a call.

I heard that Southern Crescent also has some great midwives(I think?), so I will definitely look into them as well, and I think Piedmont Fayette looks like a pretty good hospital.  Thanks for the tip!

• MaebbMaebb member
    imagegabrandy:
    I have actually been debating on whether or not to look into Piedmont Fayette.nbsp; I also had kind of thought about Atlanta Medical, because that is where the midwives at Intown Midwifery deliver, and they do water births, but that seems kind of far especially if I go into labor during rush hour, haha.nbsp; Thanks!

My SIL did a water birth at Atlanta Medical with Intown Midwifery, and this is what I'll say about that:

She loved her midwife, and she was dedicated to doing a natural water birth. Atlanta Medical is one of the only hospitals in GA that will let you do that. I don't want to scare you, but it was a long labor, and there were some complications. They ended up staying in the hospital for a week, and the service, medical care, and cleanliness were not good. It is an old, run down hospital. They also did not like several things about the treatment they received in the NICU.

Mom and baby are perfectly healthy and happy now, but they would not give a positive recommendation of that hospital. She said if everything had gone smoothly with no complications, it would have been great. But since there were complications and they had to extend their stay, that is NOT where they would want their baby to be in the NICU, and it's not where they would want to be for an extended stay.

I don't mean to scare you because every labor and delivery is different, and I hope yours goes perfectly. I just can't recommend Atlanta Medical after how awful it was for them.

I've had several friends deliver at Piedmont Fayette, and they've had good experiences. I can get you more info about a Bradley Method midwife or doula that my friend used to have 2 natural childbirths there. Good luck and best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • I used dr. Seth Schwartz in fayetteville he is the only dr in his practice. He was wonderful and piedmont fayette was very nice
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use Griffin OB and they are great. They have a PA and a Midwife and they are both great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"