Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

naptimes

Naptimes have become a dreaded event in our house. LO was the perfect sleeper until about 2 weeks ago. He still does great at bedtime and sleeps all night but evertime I lay him down for a nap he screams at the top of his lungs for anywhere from 1030 min. Some days its longer. Part of it is his new hatred for lying on his back and part of it is separation anxiety. Any advice or tips? Anyone else going or gone through this? Right now were just crying it out but it doesn't make him scream any less the next time. Thanks

Re: naptimes

• Options
    my DS had a hard time with naps too... i know many may disagree with me, but i always put a small toy in his hands to play with... i put him in his crib sitting up with the toy in his hand and walk away. he always plays with it from anywhere from 1-20 minutes and then lays his head down and goes to sleep. this has been the best trick i have figured out yet. i change the toy up every couple days to make it new and fresh and interesting! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tried a crib soother? Also, does your LO have to sleep on their back? My DD sleeps on her tummy since she started rolling over. You just mentioned your LO hated sleeping on their back. I lay DD on her stomach, turn her soother on and she usually sits up and cries for a few minutes then goes to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MooOinkMooOink member
    I hear ya on this one! We leave a book and a stuffed animal in the crib. Sometimes he will scream and cry but after a couple minutes he will see the book and sit there flipping through it and on good days will just lay down when he's done playing. Also, does your LO sleep on their belly? DS hates being on his back ever! He's been a belly sleeper since 8 weeks and it helped him immensely.
  • Options
    Thank y'all so much. I will definitely try these.
  • Options

Nap time has never been an issue with the twins.  Though they do both have to go at the same time or else neither will sleep.

Mine always have a blanket and a few toys in their cribs when they sleep.  Usually they let me know when they are ready for a nap.  DS will come over and be rubbing his eyes.  DD sees me put him in bed and she comes right over, sits down and puts her arms up to be picked up.  She knows she's going in the crib.  Even if they are cranky and disagree with nap time, they cry for about 5 minutes and then are out.  They sleep about 40-90 minutes depending on how tired they are.  They take two naps a day and sleep about 11 hours at night.

I'm sure in time this will become less.  For the time being they are very happy with that schedule and so am I.  lol 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options

yes your not supposed to lay them on their tummies, but I have always put LO down on his tummy for naps (only naps though).  at this age you can try putting him down on his tummy and see what happens.  If your worried about SIDS- if it does work to get him to sleep just check on him often. 

also, have you tried something new, adding a book before nap time, singing to him, rocking him, maybe even a bit of sleep training and just sit there for a bit with him in the crib?  weve had issues with LO sleeping off and on- and it seems that one thing will work great, then a few months not so great so we have to try something else.  good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"