Babies: 9 - 12 Months

sleep help!!!

I don't know what to do anymore.  My DD wont sleep in her crib.  She was going to sleep on her own and sleeping through the night but that all stopped when she got sick.  Since then she has to be rocked to sleep and then I put her in her crib, when she wakes up i have to hold her to go back to sleep and when I put her down she wakes up crying.  I have a bedtime routine and everything.  My husband and I don't want to do the CIO method.  We didnt do that the first time.  I need advice!!  Please help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sleep help!!!

• Danaz1Danaz1 member
    personally some version of CIO will work. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Can you put her down awake and rub her back/chest to sleep?

I don't do CIO either, because of ds' temperament, but I've had a lot of success with Sleep Lady Shuffle. It's been 2.5 weeks since I've started and I can now put him down drowsy, after I nurse him, and stand in the doorway of his room until he goes to sleep. No crying was involved, but he did fuss the first 2 nights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you're having trouble with this. I know how frustrating it can be.

How long has she been having trouble sleeping? There are lots of reasons why she could be struggling right now - teething, growth spurt, lingering effects of sickness, etc.

In the last few weeks, my DD has wanted to sleep on her belly - is this something you could try? We're pretty much in the age where that's not dangerous anymore. You could also try a stuffed animal for her to snuggle with - it helps my DD feel more secure that there's someone nearby.

I'm sure that she'll figure things out and start sleeping more reliably again. It's very normal for children to go through phases with their sleeping habits. In the mean time, naps are wonderful! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"