Attachment Parenting

Mobywhen can i start using it

My 13 day old was born at 37 weeks. She's barely at 5 lbs 9 oz. Should I wait till she's 8 lbs to use my Moby?
Also any good video links to help figure out how to properly wear my Moby? The directions arent doing it for me. I tried putting it on today and even though I know I didn't have it on perfectly as soon as I put her in she loved it went right to sleep. I took her out never took my hands off of her. I need some practice on putting it on.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mobywhen can i start using it

• Youtube has TONS of tutorials on how to use the moby. Thats how I learned. Look up "moby new born wrap" Also, check around your area for babywearing groups or even a local breast feeding group will likely have moms that use the moby and can help you. My moby on the tag actually says for babies 5 lbs and over, but the booklet and site say 8 lbs. I started using mine just a few days after I brought my little man home and he was just over 7 lbs. If you are totally new to using the moby, I would wait until your LO is 7 lbs or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My guy was right around 7lbs when we started using it - the day we came home from the hospital, so we didn't wait until 8lbs.  I tend to think (and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong) if you're wearing it appropriately, the baby's small size shouldn't be an issue.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We also used it when we got  home from the hospital, a bit under 7 pounds. Look up the newborn hug hold on the website, it felt secure for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"