Toddlers: 24 Months+

Tell me all about the 3 day potty training method

Do I need to read a book? What do I need to know? I'm a teacher and I'm off for the summer starting next week. I want to tackle this potty thing once I'm off work. Please tell me what I need to know. What is it all about?

Re: Tell me all about the 3 day potty training method

• wedseptwedsept member
    You need to buy the e-book.  Just google 3 day potty training method.  It is under $30.  it worked for us, but it took about 1 1/2 weeks. She has been diaper-free since then (including naps and nighttime).
  • I don't think you need to read the book but I have no idea if I followed it correctly or not - I just read about it online (the basics) and went with it.

We started last Wednesday. He had been going at every diaper change so we decided to just take away diapers and see what happened. We put him in underwear but he often took them off, so he was running around naked from the waist down anyway. I started out asking him at regular intervals if he had to go. He had 2 accidents the first day and we would just say, "peepee goes in the potty, let's clean up this mess". On the second day, he had more accidents but I think it's because I was pressuring him to go so we could leave the house. He ended up having 4 accidents that day and I almost gave up. But we kept going and by Sunday, he was holding it for more than an hour or two and in the car and he had no accidents. Today, we're accident free so far and he even interrupted his tumbling class to let me know he had to go and held it in the car until we got home on the way home, so I'm considering him daytime PT'd at the point.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I used the three day potty training method on babycenter. Free and it worked great for us.
  • HisLovfHisLovf member
    My H found an older version online for free. You're fully committing to underwear right off the bat, so I would recommend some kind of heavy duty spot cleaner for carpet and furniture and a mattress pad probably wouldn't hurt. Also be prepared not to leave the house at all for the entire three days (so as to be close to the bathroom at all times). I really liked it and would recommend it. It took DS a while longer to get the pooping down, but he was peeing 100% in the potty after three days.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 031414d1_zps227fd907.jpg photo SilverPoster_zpsec3507ce.jpg
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Peanut 07/05/07 CP @ 4w3d photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Sweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
    The Blog
  • rlyttlerlyttle member
    Thanks ladies!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"