September 2011 Moms
Options

Need Sleep Help Please!!

I don't know what's going on with DD or what to do.  Maybe it's a phase but DD has been waking in the middle of the night usually around 2am and she cries and screams until I go in and pick her up.  I tried just letting her cry but after 1/2 hour I could not handle it.  I think it made it worse because she had gotten her self so worked up that it took 2 hrs to get her to go back to sleep.   So last night she woke up at 1am, I went in after 5 min, picked her up and sat with her in the glider for about 20 min.  She fell asleep and I put her back in her crib.  She then woke at 5 am ready to play!  

I don't think she's teething and she had the ear tubes put in 2 weeks ago so don't think it's the ears.  I think she just wants me to hold her and I don't know how to break the habit.   It's very exhausting for both my hubby and I as we have to get up at 6 am to get ready for work.  She is so loud and wakes my 5 year old.  Plus her nursery is in our master so I can't even ignore it if I wanted to!

Any advice???    Thank you :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Sleep Help Please!!

• Options
    Forgot to mention, she goes to sleep great every night by 7:30 pm.  No issues there.   I set her in her crib awake and she's out in 10 min.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Is it every night? I don't know if it is the same thing but N has woken a few times in the last couple months sort of like what you describe. I usually go in and sometimes she is inconsolable so I sit with her moon night light on with her on the floor with me until she calms down. Sometimes singing helps. Sometimes I can just rub her back with her in the crib.

I believe it to be night mares or night terror (not really sure the difference) because it is sporadic, she is an otherwise good night sleeper and doesn't wake a night, and I asked our pedi about and she said it could be -- their brains are on overdrive etc.

Maybe also some separation anxiety? Its so hard when they can't tell us.  I hope you are able to figure it out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    T&HLoveT&HLove member

Sounds simar to what we are going through. Hence, my commenting at 3:50 am.

she wakes up around 2 and is inconsolable unless I go in there to nurse her. DH can't even calm her down. He thinks she's screams like that because she "doesn't get her way," and I shouldn't go in there or it will continue. 

I'm sorry; I have no advice. Just wanted to tell you you're not alone 

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"