Birthday Parties

Son's 1st Birthday Party

My son will be 1 year's old in October, and although I would LOVE to have his party outdoors, his birthday is in October and is normally always a hit and miss here. Are there any places you guys recommend? Were located in San Diego (Chula Vista Area).

Thank you in advance!

Re: Son's 1st Birthday Party

• Do you really think weather will be that dicey there?  I live in the SF Bay Area and October up here is still very warm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not from your area but what about at an orchard or pumpkin patch? the favor could be the pumpkin they pick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in San Diego.  My son's birthday is in October.  I have NO idea what you're talking about.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was in SD a few years ago in October and it was about 80 degrees and sunny. I thought that was normal? Anyway, I don't live there so I guess you know best.

What about a farm? There are farms here that have party packages that include a party space (like a barn or tent), hay rides, farm tours, etc. You could have fun fall food like apple cinnamon donuts and cider, corn on the cob, chili, apples with caramel dip.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have outdoor parties in the beginning of October and I'm in Minnesota. 
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Hey fellow San Diegan, I think October would be perfect.  We're having ours in June, which tends to be a gloomy month.  That's fine with me, since I don't want it to be too hot.  Sorry I don't have any location suggestions for your area as I'm not too familiar with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lived in San Diego for 4 years so like PP's said the weather there is nice that time of year!  I'm going to assume you just moved there and that's why you made that statement.  As for locations have you considered places like Balboa Park? There are tons of picnic areas but you have to get there really early to claim a good spot.
  • I am also from San Diego and I think you would be fine to hold a party outside.  If you really don't want to... what about a play place?  A friend of mine is throwing her DD's party at a place called "Playtown".  It is an indoor play place.  There is another in Santee called "Jungle Gym and Cafe" that I prefer, although I have never been to parties at either location, just playdates. It would probably take you 20 minutes to get there from Chula Vista, but its right off the freeway.  https://www.junglegymandcafe.com/v1/BIRTHDAY_PARTIES.html 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I live near you! :) What a coincidence

October can get pretty chilly, I would try and find somewhere that you could go indoors and outdoors

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"