Birthday Parties
Options

thank you cards??

LO's 1st bday party is in a couple weeks. It will only be family and his godparents (which are our best friends). We're on a tight party budget, so is it really necessary to send thank you cards for his gifts. It's just family....I mean, if we were having a huge to-do with a lot of people, I would totally not question it, but I'm thinking we can bypass the thank you cards for this one....thoughts???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: thank you cards??

• Options
    No - I don't think it's necessary to send store bought thank you cards.  It is important though to thank anyone who brings a gift so I think an email is totally fine and more eco-friendly anyway!
    www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
  • Options
    They sell them at the dollar store or Target has a nice selection in large amounts for under ten bucks.  Even having LO color some pages and writing a note on the paper would work.  Hand them out the next time you see everyone and throw the others in the mail.  You can do Thank you' s for under twenty bucks.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would do TY cards no matter what.  And IMO, texting/emailing a TY to be "eco-friendly" is a lame cop-out to keeping with good manners.  There's nothing like a handwritten note that's personal and shows you took the time to write it.  An email gives people an excuse to do a quickie that they may not necessarily do if they handwrite it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would absolutely send them. As PP said, you can pick up a 10 pack at the dollar store and some stamps for under 5 bucks, so it shouldn't break the budget.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely send them. If I don't receive a card from someone I personally feel like they don't appreciate the time I spent picking out a gift and I will always remember that too.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would print out copies of a pic of him and send that as a thank u!
  • Options
    If you can't buy cards and stamps have LO draw some pictures and add a note on it; you can handle them at the end of a party

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you cards are always a necessity.  You don't have to buy them, you can write a nice note on a piece of paper and send it out.  If someone has taken the time and money to bring a gift to your child, you can take the time and money to send a thank you card.  Cut costs somewhere else - less streamers, cheaper food, etc.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Since its only family and godparents, I'd print out a cute picture from the party and send it out with a thank you note.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    allardrallardr member
    It doesn't bother me personally whether people text/email/say/card etc for a thankyou however older generations generally expect handwritten and I learned young (and plan to teach LO) thank yous are necessary. Even if it's just on plain white paper. It's the thought of writing the thank you that counts.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageblu-eyedwife:
    Thank you cards are always a necessity.  You don't have to buy them, you can write a nice note on a piece of paper and send it out.  If someone has taken the time and money to bring a gift to your child, you can take the time and money to send a thank you card.  Cut costs somewhere else - less streamers, cheaper food, etc.

This. Take a plain piece of paper, write a note on it and stuff it in a basic envelope. Stamps aren't that expensive since you're not having many people. It's very rude to not thank people.

• Options
    In our circles, we don't do thank you notes for bday gifts unless it's a gift sent from a family member that doesn't live close. We mainly just do thank you notes for wedding and baby showers.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"