Adoption

Intro

I used to lurk here years ago and have begun to again.  DH and I have been TTC for 2.5 yrs and just found out Friday through more tests that the chances of us conceiving are slim to none and probably closer to none.  My parents were foster parents when I was a kid and I have always wanted to adopt so I'm ready to dive right in at this point as I just want to be a mom.  DH is still mourning the idea of having a biological child so I'm being patient right now.  I just ordered "Adoption for Dummies" to introduce him to some of the options and to slowly ease into things on the advice from here.  Looking forward to joining the discussion as we get started.

Re: Intro

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry to hear of your difficulties in TTC, but welcome to the board! The folks here are very supportive and helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! There are a lot of emotions when adopting. However, I felt at peace when we finally threw in the towel on TTC. 
    Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/
  • emcaemca member
    Welcome! Everyone is very helpful and supportive here!

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• Welcome to the board!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Hello and welcome to the board! My husband and I have a similar situation to yours, from the sound of it.  We did a lot of research before deciding to pursue adoption.  I'm not sure of your religion, but I read "Called to Adoption: A Christian's Guide to Answering the Call" by Mardie Caldwell and "Adoption: Choosing it, Living it, Loving it; Straight Answers to Heartfelt Questions" by Dr. Ray Guarendi as well as some others for which there are links on our blog - https://weareuntilforever.blogspot.com.  I learned that in the early stages of deciding to adopt, it's very important to completely mourn the fact that you might not have biological children.  Otherwise you may always have that nagging feeling of "what if..."  What helped my husband start the process was the passage I read him about deciding if it's more important to you to become pregnant or to become parents.  The choice and thought process is unique for everyone!  I've found this board to be very supportive as well.  Good luck!

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"