One & Done: Only child
Options

Good reasons not to be one and done

So we have alot of pros of being one and done...and we have also weighed in on the whole giving your child a sibling as not really being an iron clad reasoning so what would really make sense to us one and dones.  For me I would see it similar to why I had my child in the first place....having a part of my husband and me merged into one person with his own unique characteristics is pretty amazing to me and has brought us closer, sharing our lives and experiencing though a childs eyes also totally amazing, having that bond with another human being ( I always say having a child is like having your heart exist outside of your body)...also amazing.  So I would think that those aspects would be a unique and different experience with each child and therefore what would be the pull for me. Anyone else have any thoughts?

As I write this of course my son is having a sleepover and I can so tell you I am one and done LOL. I am tally up the refereeing I have done tonight..where is my wine! 

Re: Good reasons not to be one and done

• Options

I am still not sure if I am one and done yet but I am leaning that way more and more. If I had to decide now I would say I am OAD.

I get what you are saying and I think that is as close as I could describe my reasoning for possibly wanting another. Wanting a sibling for DS or any of the other typical responses for having another don't even cause me to slightly think it may be a good idea.

Off topic but I recently was told I needed to have another because DS is so cute. So I guess I keep having kids until I get an ugly one? Stupidest reason I have heard yet! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"