Third-Party Reproduction

Surrogacy

Hey ladies, is there anyone here who is using a surrogate? I have some questions I'd like to ask.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Surrogacy

• I just delivered (on Monday) as a surrogate.  Is there anything I can answer for you or do you have questions that only IP's could answer?

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I'm curious about how there DH felt about the situation. How did your dh feel about it? Also how much contact did you have with IP? Did they go to appts, present for birth, ect. Are you a friend of IP or through a agency? We are in the very beginning stages and I'm very curious how it all works. It's a friend/co-worker that is going to be our GC. She has recently been dx with rheumatoid arthritis but hasn't been able to get into a rheumatologist yet. My RE is ok with it but we have to get a clearance for pregnancy letter from a rheumatologist first. She is calling tomorrow to get a appt then we will go do a consult with my RE once we have the letter. We want to go ahead and get all preliminaries out if the way so when we are ready to start in August we will be ready to go. I am in tx and have read that we are a very surrogate friendly state, what is the attorney process like? I'm sorry if this is to many questions. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCrystal120410:
    I'm curious about how there DH felt about the situation. My IF was very involved in the process but also very respectful of our privacy and my body (he never wanted to be in any situation that would make me uncomfortable with him seeing).

How did your dh feel about it?  He was very supportive.  There's no way I could've gone through it without his total support. 

Also how much contact did you have with IP?  I thought we'd have more contact than we did.  We mostly texted because I had more contact with IM and she's a school teacher, so she wasn't available to answer the phone during the day.  We would text at least weekly, sometimes a few times per week, sometimes daily.

Did they go to appts, present for birth, ect.  They're not local so they weren't able to go to many appts.  They went to the U/S at 18w and a regular appt at 33w.  The 33w appt is also when we went and toured the hospital so they'd know exactly where to go when the time came.

Are you a friend of IP or through a agency?  We were matched through an agency.  

I am in tx and have read that we are a very surrogate friendly state, what is the attorney process like?  I'm in MO which is not "surrogacy friendly".  We were not able to get a pre-birth order but did get a post-birth order.  Their attorney I believe was only used for the contract.  My attorney was used for the contract, preliminary parentage paperwork (around 30w) and once he was born she came to the hospital and finished the paperwork to get their names on the birth certificate.  Not sure how it would work in TX because the laws are much different there than here.  I do know just because I live in MO instead of IL it cost my IP's several thousand more for all of the additional paperwork.

Hopefully that helps.  Every situation is so different.  I would suggest you check out the message boards on surromomsonline.com and allaboutsurrogacy.com  Good luck!

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Thank you very much for your help, I will check out those sites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"