High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Sunday Bed Rest Check In

Hi Ladies

How we holding up?

Made it to another Sunday.

Still not sleeping well not much can be done about that, last night I couldn't get my brain to stop jumping from one thought to another Sad so I didn't get much sleep

Re: Sunday Bed Rest Check In

• Options

Hi, sorry you are still not sleeping.  That sure wears on a person.

We decided to visit L&D yesterday to see if my fluid leak was amniotic fluid.  The test came back negative, so that is good.  Although I found myself super jealous seeing a couple of babies there, I want ours out.  I don't mean to sound so depressing, but this has been the longest week mentally for me so far.  I am so far beyond uncomfortable and tired of all of this.  I feel like this pregnancy will never end.  I hate feeling like this too, I absolutely loved being pregnant with my 3.5 year old.  Bedrest this time around, and carrying twins (my belly is measuring 45 weeks, if we were having a singleton) is a lot.  Thanks for letting me whine.  Please don't tell me to stop whining, how lucky I am to be pregnant and make it this far, etc... I know I am very blessed... But it stinks all at the same time.

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
  • Options
    imageMyPlus5:

We decided to visit L&D yesterday to see if my fluid leak was amniotic fluid.  The test came back negative, so that is good.  Although I found myself super jealous seeing a couple of babies there, I want ours out.  I don't mean to sound so depressing, but this has been the longest week mentally for me so far.  I am so far beyond uncomfortable and tired of all of this.  I feel like this pregnancy will never end.  I hate feeling like this too, I absolutely loved being pregnant with my 3.5 year old.  Bedrest this time around, and carrying twins (my belly is measuring 45 weeks, if we were having a singleton) is a lot.  Thanks for letting me whine.  Please don't tell me to stop whining, how lucky I am to be pregnant and make it this far, etc... I know I am very blessed... But it stinks all at the same time.

Feel free to whine and vent all you want I know how uncomfortable it is being pregnant having twins must make it 2x as uncomfortable .

What no one tells you is bed rest is exhausting sounds good in theory but after like 2 weeks it's boring and frustrating never did realize how much I did around the house until I couldn't do it Sad my laundry hasn't been done the right way since I've been on bed rest    , I know everyone has their own way of doing things and some things I don't mind letting other people do like cleaning the bathroom sweeping and mopping . I even miss grocery shopping and doing everyday errands and taking the children to the park most of all I miss the freedom of being able to decide what I want to do and not having to ask for help

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yesterday was an excellent day for me - visiting with my mom all day! Since they live about 4 hours away it was so nice to get to see them and spend the day together. She brought the cradle that my sister and I slept in when we were little filled with stuff for LO, so that was pretty exciting!

Counting down the days until my C section - it won`t be long now. May 27th is coming faster than I think! 

Finished my book yesterday, now I have to browse through the KOBO and figure out which one is next!  

Hope everyone keeps hanging on and has good days!  

• Options
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    imageMyPlus5:

What no one tells you is bed rest is exhausting sounds good in theory but after like 2 weeks it's boring and frustrating never did realize how much I did around the house until I couldn't do it Sad my laundry hasn't been done the right way since I've been on bed rest   

This is why I sometimes think it is almost better for me to be in the hospital - I have no idea what is or isn`t getting done at home! I figure as long as the house is still standing and clean when baby and I get there, it will all be good! 
  • Options
    Day 3 of bed rest here. Not as far into it as some of you girls. Because I can't lift my LO we had to take the front off his crib and try the rail. He napped just fine in it so hopefully bed time goes as smooth. Tomorrow is my first day by myself with DS while DH is at work. I'm nervous but I hope it goes well. I can't really see having to put him in daycare just because I'm on bed rest. Plus we don't really have options on where to take him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lots of rain here. Yay! Stomach is feeling tighter today. Trying to drink a bunch of water to help with that. Also took a vistaril and it knocked me out. Slept soundly until 10! Babies are moving more and more the last week or so and really going to town this morning. 13 days until 30 weeks. I'm a numbers person and I look at the calendar probably 5 to 10 times a day thinking of other ways I can count this down. Ha, welll I hope you all enjoy your day get some sleep, get comfortable, enjoy your reading, and keep cooking those babies.
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Options
    imageMyPlus5:
    Hi, sorry you are still not sleeping. nbsp;That sure wears on a person.We decided to visit Lamp;D yesterday to see if my fluid leak was amniotic fluid. nbsp;The test came back negative, so that is good. nbsp;Although I found myself super jealous seeing a couple of babies there, I want ours out. nbsp;I don't mean to sound so depressing, but this has been the longest week mentally for me so far. nbsp;I am so far beyond uncomfortable and tired of all of this. nbsp;I feel like this pregnancy will never end. nbsp;I hate feeling like this too, I absolutely loved being pregnant with my 3.5 year old. nbsp;Bedrest this time around, and carrying twins my belly is measuring 45 weeks, if we were having a singleton is a lot. nbsp;Thanks for letting me whine. nbsp;Please don't tell me to stop whining, how lucky I am to be pregnant and make it this far, etc... I know I am very blessed... But it stinks all at the same time.

And I'm so glad your water is still intact. The days get long, but hopefully ypu can get some comfort and rest before babies come.

And 45 weeks?! That's awesomely impressive, I was just 32 at 28 and I know that gap will just keep growing...eek!
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Options
    imagesap275:
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    imageMyPlus5:

What no one tells you is bed rest is exhausting sounds good in theory but after like 2 weeks it's boring and frustrating never did realize how much I did around the house until I couldn't do it Sad my laundry hasn't been done the right way since I've been on bed rest   

This is why I sometimes think it is almost better for me to be in the hospital - I have no idea what is or isn`t getting done at home! I figure as long as the house is still standing and clean when baby and I get there, it will all be good! 

with bed rest one losses control over almost everything and feels powerless , I wish my ma lived close enough to visits but she lives to far she is planning on coming to see me in August for 2 weeks ( the first through 14th)  

• Options
    imageChargersgrl33:
    Day 3 of bed rest here. Not as far into it as some of you girls. Because I can't lift my LO we had to take the front off his crib and try the rail. He napped just fine in it so hopefully bed time goes as smooth. Tomorrow is my first day by myself with DS while DH is at work. I'm nervous but I hope it goes well. I can't really see having to put him in daycare just because I'm on bed rest. Plus we don't really have options on where to take him.
    what I do is I encourage my toddlers to be my helpers to make them feel special I keep their diaper supplies where they can reach them and have them fetch and carry for me my 3 1/2 year old is really into helping and she's even started picking up her own toys before bed time
  • Options
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    imagesap275:
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    imageMyPlus5:

with bed rest one losses control over almost everything and feels powerless , I wish my ma lived close enough to visits but she lives to far she is planning on coming to see me in August for 2 weeks ( the first through 14th)  

It does suck to not be in control of anything. I just keep telling myself to keep my eye on the prize!

Too bad you mom doesn`t live closer. Seeing my mom yesterday was really great for me. You will no doubt have a great visit in August! 

Hang in there!  

• Options
    bump burp
  • Options
    imageMrsCaseyK:
    Lots of rain here. Yay! Stomach is feeling tighter today. Trying to drink a bunch of water to help with that. Also took a vistaril and it knocked me out. Slept soundly until 10! Babies are moving more and more the last week or so and really going to town this morning. 13 days until 30 weeks. I'm a numbers person and I look at the calendar probably 5 to 10 times a day thinking of other ways I can count this down. Ha, welll I hope you all enjoy your day get some sleep, get comfortable, enjoy your reading, and keep cooking those babies.
    we've been having rain showers off and on the past few days but it is really muggy I wish it would just downpour already dislike muggy weather is hard on me , I look at the calendar more than I should doesn't seem to make the days go by faster , the hardest part for me is feeling isolated Sad and having the children have to stay inside due to not being able chase them it makes it harder when you have 2 bored toddlers today I put music on and told the children to jump around hopefully that will wear them out 
  • Options
    eyes on the prize just getting really scared about the heart procurer will see my cardiologist on Wednesday and getting more info on it and when she expects to do it I'd prefer  they do it right after baby's born so I can get all recovered at one time , still not sure if I'm having a c section or they are going to let me do it the other way 
  • Options

Yes - the unknown is the scary part. I think that is why I can be so zen about my situation. I have all the facts, I have a plan, I see the doctor everyday, and a whole medical team is literally seconds away if I need them. If I was at home I KNOW I wouldn`t be nearly as well adjusted. And depending on who you ask I am not that well adjusted so that is really saying something! 

Good luck on Wed with the cardiologist. Fingers crossed for you that you can get all the answers you need and some peace of mind.  

• Options
    imagesap275:

Yesterday was an excellent day for me - visiting with my mom all day! Since they live about 4 hours away it was so nice to get to see them and spend the day together. She brought the cradle that my sister and I slept in when we were little filled with stuff for LO, so that was pretty exciting!

Counting down the days until my C section - it won`t be long now. May 27th is coming faster than I think! 

Finished my book yesterday, now I have to browse through the KOBO and figure out which one is next!  

Hope everyone keeps hanging on and has good days!  

Ohmygosh, next week?  You have to be so excited!  How nice to have such a great visit with your mom, and to get the cradle. 

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
  • Options
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    imageMyPlus5:

Feel free to whine and vent all you want I know how uncomfortable it is being pregnant having twins must make it 2x as uncomfortable .

What no one tells you is bed rest is exhausting sounds good in theory but after like 2 weeks it's boring and frustrating never did realize how much I did around the house until I couldn't do it Sad my laundry hasn't been done the right way since I've been on bed rest    , I know everyone has their own way of doing things and some things I don't mind letting other people do like cleaning the bathroom sweeping and mopping . I even miss grocery shopping and doing everyday errands and taking the children to the park most of all I miss the freedom of being able to decide what I want to do and not having to ask for help

Thanks for letting me whine, that is what I love about this group.  No bashers :). I agree with not having the freedom to do things on my own, it gets a little maddening sometimes... and I don't like to whine too much to my DH because he does so much for me.  Thanks again

• Options

imageMrsCaseyK:
    imageMyPlus5:
    Hi, sorry you are still not sleeping. nbsp;That sure wears on a person.We decided to visit Lamp;D yesterday to see if my fluid leak was amniotic fluid. nbsp;The test came back negative, so that is good. nbsp;Although I found myself super jealous seeing a couple of babies there, I want ours out. nbsp;I don't mean to sound so depressing, but this has been the longest week mentally for me so far. nbsp;I am so far beyond uncomfortable and tired of all of this. nbsp;I feel like this pregnancy will never end. nbsp;I hate feeling like this too, I absolutely loved being pregnant with my 3.5 year old. nbsp;Bedrest this time around, and carrying twins my belly is measuring 45 weeks, if we were having a singleton is a lot. nbsp;Thanks for letting me whine. nbsp;Please don't tell me to stop whining, how lucky I am to be pregnant and make it this far, etc... I know I am very blessed... But it stinks all at the same time.
    And I'm so glad your water is still intact. The days get long, but hopefully ypu can get some comfort and rest before babies come. And 45 weeks?! That's awesomely impressive, I was just 32 at 28 and I know that gap will just keep growing...eek!

Yes, at this point your belly may grow fast.  Mine grew the most between 28 and 29 weeks, and it keeps growing so fast.  These babies are putting on weight now.  I haven't gained that much weight lately, so it's surprising to see my belly grow so much.

• Options

Day #3 and even more miserable:( heat and humidity really freaking suck.

my blood sugar is high (agian for the third day in a row...due to lack of movement) but my only other choice is to go hungry.

I'm exhausted because i can't sleep because i lay around so much

and just generally uncomfortable...in just about every way...wish i could go sit in a pool.

3Ws and 3Ds left of bedrest

• Options
    You're so close!! The days are long but the weeks are fast. Hope you get some cool relief soon! I've been on SBR for 6 and a half and have 8 left. Vent here as needed! Some days are worse than others....
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Options

imageMrsCaseyK:

I hear ya about looking at the calendar thinking of ways to count down!  I have many milestones/dates that I'm constantly tracking - 23, 24, 26 weeks, etc... Though once we hit 24 I'll feel much better about everything!

I've had a lot of visitors (friend in the AM then parents in the PM).  DH was going to wheel me outside for a little bit of fresh air this afternoon.  My Dr. approved it on Friday but never wrote it in my chart, and of course he's not here right now to tell my nurse it's OK, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow :(  It's not that big of a deal, but was really looking forward to getting out of this room!

But, tomorrow's another day!

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you, i should be getting some relief tonight/tomorrow...the rain that everyone else seems to be getting is heading this way. It's nice to vent but reading everyone else's comments and posts puts it in perspective for me, compared to a lot of you BR for me isn't too bad, i just started and only have 24 days of it (days sound a lot less than weeks for some reason)...but it really is nice to have a place where others understand and can sympathize.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"