VBAC
Options

Hoping for a VBAC this time..

I was wondering if you ladies could help me out with some suggestions, tips, or ideas.. I had a C-section with my first son almost 9 years ago. He was 9lb 4oz - 221/2inches long when he was born. I forgot to add that he did have a rather large head. It was 14' around but the doc said that is average, maybe I just have a small pelvic bone?? I am 5'6, plus size and my husband is 6'8 275. He is the tallest out of his family. They are all tall. His mother has seven children biggest baby was 11lbs and smallest was 9 lbs. I was almost 8lbs when I was born. When I went into labor with my son I got almost to 9cm and then the doctor said he head was not coming down through my pelvic bone anymore so I had to have an emergency C-section. He was born and everything was fine. He had a little soreness on his forehead from trying to push through. I am pregnant with my second son due September 23rd and this time around I REALLY want to try to have him vaginally. Doctor said because I have a crescent moon shape scar I can definitely try. Around 37-38 weeks they are going to do a growth scan just to see how big he is at that time and then the doctor said I can decide if I would like to schedule another C-section. I really want to have him vaginally but I am so afraid that is not going to happen because of his size. I was wondering if any of you ladies were in my same situation and if there was any information or knowledge you could me on ways I could possibly prepare for this. Anything, I will take anything... advice, suggestions, tips! I really would like to try to have a VBAC this time. Everyone in my family has no positive support when it comes to this. They say good luck you know he is going to be big. Please anything, I really appreciate it!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hoping for a VBAC this time..

• Options
    Just posted back to you on the 2nd trimester board, good luck!
  • Options
    with my first she was born 8lbs 9oz with her head measuring at 14' which is in fact average even though until this pregnancy i thought was big. i, too, got to a 9, 9.5 but was then rushed to a emergency c-section since i was going on 29 hours of labor. personally i think alot of my labor experience was a bunch of bs. lol i was basically induced, even though i went in with my water suspected of breaking, but apparently not, so they broke it gave me pitocin and then epi..and they eventually c-section. i absolutely believe you can do it. I follow this website birthwithoutfear.com (sorry not a clicky) and on facebook. I enjoy all that they have to say, because they seem to give me to courage to continue my journey to a vbac. check it out. and gl! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first my water broke at 36 weeks and when I arrived at the hospital the Dr. was concerned about the baby's heartbeat so I had an emergency C-Section. I'm in the same boat as you due in 42 days I'm hoping for a VBAC as well, Dr's say based on my surgery notes I'm good to go, I'm just praying I will be able to as well that there are no issues, but quite concerned since I've been on bedrest since 22 weeks, now 34 and have 6 more to go, but I'm not so sure I will make it that far. Either way as long as he is healthy I'll take what I can get. I guess we shouldn't worry so much, whatever happens will happen, if we have to have to get another c-section, that's what we have to do and it will be ok as long as our babies are healthy right? If I do have a c-section I I will be disappointed, but I also have a dermoid cyst and will have them remove it at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"