Food & Nutrition
Options

Weight Gain

Hi there, I am looking for some help pregnant friends. I am just today 8 weeks and have put on 5 1/2 pounds. I am totally blown away and I am looking for healthy eating suggestions and any other tips you have to offer. I do not drink soda and I think I eat pretty good and I workout 5-6 times a week for 30 minutes. I am looking for help.

Re: Weight Gain

• Options

It sounds like you are doing everything right and are healthy. Do you think it could be water weight and bloating as well? I gained too much weight my first trimester but it was because I was pretty sick and not able to work out. 

As far as healthy eating suggestions I may have a few, what kinds of things are you eating now? 

• Options

I wouldn't worry. I was a ballroom dancer in the evenings.  I worked 11 hour days then went to the studio for 3 hours, 5 days a week.  I didn't gain weight until 5th month, but within the first 2 months my clothes no longer fit.  All because of water weight/bloating!!  Just keep up the healthy eating habits and you should be ok. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First trimester bloat is very common and that could be all that it is.  With my first pregnancy, I was very concerned because I had already gained 6 pounds by the time I had my first prenatal appointment at 9 weeks.  I was calculating that at that rate, I would be one of those 50 lb gainers.  Around 12 weeks, I lost 5 lbs literally overnight.  Second trimester I hardly put on anything.  I gained a total of 18 lbs. and had a very healthy baby.   I continued exercising throughout my pregnancy.  Next pregnancy--same thing.  Gained early on and then it stalled for a while and put on a total of 20 lbs.  Just keep exercising.  Second trimester is so much better than the first trimester.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like PPs, I didn't gain weight in a consistent, linear fashion but more random jumps. As long as you're eating healthy and staying active your body will gain what it needs.

I've known women who've gained a range 25lbs to 60lbs while pregnant and all were perfectly healthy. IMO emphasis on a set # of lbs/week or month is not an accurate way gauge the pregnancy.

Also, any persons weight can fluctuate day to day up to five pounds depending on how much and what you've eaten or drank. So try not to obsess over the scale.

imageimage
  • Options

I was so bloated the first 4 mos.  It was uncomfortable and I looked like i was 5 mos along at 10 wks!  I took some miralax to help and tried to make sure I stayed hydrated.  It really seemed to help, I was still bloated but didn't look as big.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"