International Bumpies
Options

Canadian Moms

I was wondering if any Canadian moms know how long you must work following your mat leave to be qualified to go on mat leave again? Is it 600 hours?

I am not TTC again yet, I go back in July and hope to try again in Nov/Dec, but I would like to make sure I am clear how it works! No matter how many times I read the Ministry of Labour site I still interpret it different each time.

Thanks! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Canadian Moms

• Options
    Yes, 600 hours typically to receive EI. But to have job guarantee if you were employed with the same company prior to your previous mat leave you've already hit the 1 year minimum. I worked for a company for a few years, went on leave with dd2, and then found out I was expecting dd3 about two months after I got back off mat leave. Even though the time between ending one leave and beginning another was less than a year, I still qualified for job protection because of my original start date.
  • Options

Thank your for your reply! 

So I think I have one follow up question. I worked at my company 5 years before I left on mat leave with my DD. I go back in July and hope to be working 15 to 18 months before I leave for a second mat leave (hopefully). Is the one year minimum for job guarantee calculated as one year employed with your employer total, or one year back to work following a pervious mat leave? 

Again, thanks a bunch :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You only have to work 600 hours ( 15 weeks of full time work) to qualify for EI.  And I believe the job guarantee is based on tenure not time between leaves. You can always call or visit a service Canada office to get the exact details.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageOhBaby+2013:
    You only have to work 600 hours ( 15 weeks of full time work) to qualify for EI.  And I believe the job guarantee is based on tenure not time between leaves. You can always call or visit a service Canada office to get the exact details.
    It is. OP, if you've already worked there five years, you've gotten your tenure.
  • Options

imageOhBaby+2013:

This is why I am heading back to work a couple months early (Aug insted of Nov) to ensure that I have enough hours to rebuild towards EI again before Jan. And this time around I am going to try and work extra hours/overtime those 13 weeks before I leave to bump up that Mat pay

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"