Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Surro baby born! Birth story inside

We were planning on a VBAC for this LO that was due 05/06/2013.  I went into spontaneous labor with DS1 at 37w5d, and I had a scheduled c/s with my twins at 38w).   None of us ever thought I'd make it to my EDD.  Lo and behold, the weeks came and rolled on by.  I was contracting like crazy every night, but nothing was getting stronger or closer, and I was able to sleep through them, and Lord knows you're not going to sleep through "real" labor.  We got to 40w3d and my OB said he didn't feel comfortable going past 41w because of the increased risk of placental calcification and deterioration.  I was hopeful to get to 42w before having a RCS (my OB won't do a VBA2C), but he went to med school so I take his advice.  My c/s was scheduled for 5:00 pm so we had to get here at 3:00 so they could get me changed, IV'd, and ask 1,000 questions.  I walked back to the OR just a few minutes before 5:00.  My spinal wasn't too terrible, just extreme pressure when he was doing it.  I laid back and they started prepping.  Thankfully DH and BOTH parents were able to be in the room.  Around 5:20 I heard his amazing cry, Jonathon B was born.  I almost started crying, I looked over at IM (Intended Mother) and she was crying.  DH was instructed to leave me and go get pics, those first moments is what this was all about, I didn't want to miss it just because I was strapped to a table.  It took quite a while for my OB to stitch me up, but I know he's very meticulous so NBD in my mind.  We got back to my room and went over a bunch of questions again.  The boys and I will see the baby tonight so we can all officially meet him and say goodbye.   He was 9lbs 10oz, 21" long, my OB didn't know if I would've been able to have him vaginally or not.  Overall a pretty uneventful section.  My OB has agreed to let me go home 1 day early (Thursday), I asked for 2 days early yesterday and he said we'll see how things go when the day (Wednesday) gets here.  He's very laid back about the recovery because I'm not taking a new baby home that will have needs through the night.  I started crying last night when we pulled into the hospital because I didn't want to say goodbye to my boys, they're coming up tonight to visit me and unless I go home tomorrow I won't see them again until Thursday because they have church tomorrow night and there just wouldn't be enough time to come to the hospital and go to church after DH picks them up.  

The bad news, because of the spinal, I've been itching like CRAZY, I can't freaking stand it, and either Benadryl isn't really helping or if it would be so much worse without Benadryl.  I also was unable to sleep well because I'm used to sleeping on my side, that's not really possible after the section because then everything's twisting and pulling and it's just painful/uncomfortable.

*Anytime I post a pic of them/us I always ask permission, I'll not even ask for their baby, I wouldn't like pics of my kids floating around, so I don't think it's fair to ask that pics of their kids be shared with people they don't personally know.  

**All in all it's been a great experience thus far, I feel truly honored that this wonderful couple trusted Ryan and I so much with their most precious cargo and have allowed us to be a part of their growing family.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
BabyGaga

Re: Surro baby born! Birth story inside

• Options

That's a beautiful story and an amazing gift you gave to Jonathon's mommy and daddy.  Congratulations to all!

• Options
    Thanks for sharing, this is beautiful.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What an incredible gift and beautiful story. You have changed so many lives with your selflessness. Congrats to everyone involved!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    What an amazing gift you gave that family! Thank you so much!

Me:37 (DOR), DH: 40 (Normal) TTC #1 since Fall 2010
    2010-2012 - 7 rounds of Clomid, 4 IUI & 2 IVF - all BFN (2 chemical pregnancies)
    April 2013 fresh DEgg - 15R, 4F, 2 transferred = BFN.  
    FET - 11/13
    Beta #1 11/23 = 247; Beta #2 11/25 = 538; Beta #3 11/29 = 5481 BFP!!!!!
    U/s #1 12/7 & U/s #2 12/16 = One perfect little heart beat!! 
    EDD = 8/1/14

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options
    Well my OB let me come home last night (Wednesday).  I'm so much more comfortable at home, and it's nice not having a nurse check my vitals and incision every 8 hours.  Yes at home I feel the need to "do" more (like minor straightening up), but still so happy to be home with my family. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"