Adoption

Ghana closure-vent

I have posted here a few times before, but mostly lurked.

We were pursuing an IA from Ghana and had reached the point where we were literally next in line for a referral.  Well, we found out yesterday that Ghana has suspended all adoptions. 

We had been considering transferring programs anyway, but this still feels like a kick in the gut.  And taking into account that we had already tucked aside pretty close to all the money we'd need, but that amount is less than half of what we'd need for the other program, it really stinks.

Looks like we'll be starting all over, and kissing goodbye 10k in the process! :(

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Ghana closure-vent

• I'm so very sorry. What an emotional roller coaster! Sending hugs and prayers your way!
    I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • I'm so sorry!  Does your agency have programs in any other counties you might be interested in adopting from?  If you switch to another one of their programs, most agencies will try to help you recoup as much as you can from the fees already paid.
  • Loading the player...
  • AwBethAwBeth member
    I hadn't heard about Ghana!  So sorry.  We are worried this will happen with DRC.  My worst fear is that we'd receive referral, and THEN the country would close down.  I'm glad you've dodged that -- as frustrating as your situation is!  Keep us posted on your journey!  
  • That's terrible.  Sorry you are having to deal with this.

• I'm so sorry, how awful. Is there anyway at all to get your money back?
    Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/
  • ellekaeellekae member
    Ugh. How frustrating. I am SO sorry.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Oh no!  I am so sorry.  Is there any indication how long the suspension will last? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for all the kind words!  Our agency is working with us to transfer to another program and recoup some of the funds, but the other program we're interested in is considerable more than we have.  We'll be doing some serious fundraising (and a WHOLE lot of praying). 

We've seen no indication of how long the suspension could last, but we were pretty fed up with the program anyway.  This is our sign to jump ship.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I'm so sorry.  Thoughts and prayers...
  • That is awful.  International adoption seems so heart-breaking!!
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • PanderpPanderp member
    How frustrating :(:( I'm so sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"