Dads & Dads-to-be

What Dads Think of Work From Home Moms

One of our members in the WSFH community is curious: What do dads think of moms who work from home? Does it really make home life a lot easier for everyone? Hope to hear from everyone! Cheers!
We teach working moms how to earn a full-time income while only working part-time --all in the convenience of their own home. If you're interested, join us at: http://worksuccessfullyfromhome.com

Re: What Dads Think of Work From Home Moms

• My wife intends to stay at home. I have two feelings on it.

I am happy for her as I want her to take time and enjoy being a mother; she isn?t the type that can turn work off very well so trying to both would just make her miserable.

For me personally, I am curious how it will turn out. I do all the chores currently and have since we got married.

She wants to take them over when she stays home with the baby but even if she only takes half I will be doing a little happy dance. I don?t believe that will be the case though.

I think it would make life a bit easier if she did though. I am probally more an exception that rule though.

• I think it makes for an easier commute for anyone who works at home.

I think it's very hard to supervise children and work from home at the same time. In my experience a decent amount of work ends up being done at night and on the weekends, and it can be very stressful on everyone. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • WulfgarWulfgar member

My wife works from home so we have to have MIL babysit our LO.  The work she does can not be done while having a toddler at home.

How does having a parent working from home make the home life easier if the parent working from home is doing 40 hours?  There maybe some jobs where a stay at home mom will have time to do a lot other work around the house but not many.

My mother also at times was a work from home mom who at times when a deadline was near had no time to do anything so us children had to cook dinner, do the dishes, and help clean the house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it would be extremely challenging.  Working by itself is hard, and being a mom is really hard, trying to pull both off at the same time, I'd imagine would be hard to find the balance.  Though, if you can find the balance, I get why you'd do it.  You save on daycare, no commute, and still get to bond with your child.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"