Philadelphia Babies
Options

Over 35 and looking for a new ob in the huntingdon valley area

Hi!  I am 38 and pregnant with my second.  I had a very healthy and easy pregnancy with my first 2.5 years ago.  I had an easy labor and delivery at holy redeemer. However, I really was not thrilled with my ob group because at every appointment I was reminded of my age (35) and how that made me high risk.  I felt as though test were being forced on me that I didn't want and didn't end up getting because of age.  I didn't really feel like a person.  I also had appointments cancelled at the last minute and was called regularly to try to reschedule my appointments to an earlier time.  I just want to find an Ob that will treat me like a person instead of just a high risk 38 year old.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Re: Over 35 and looking for a new ob in the huntingdon valley area

• Options
    Not sure how far you are willing to travel but I see Lee Halpern out of St. Marys. My friend who had a baby over 35 last year said that the only thing she noticed and didn't care for was that on the front of her chart, her age was marked at advanced maternal age but she didn't feel singled out or treated differently bc of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i would also recommend st. mary's. my dr is defelippis and he is great
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"