Food Allergy
Options

XP food allergy?

Dd was flipping out at dinner so I gave her a little bit of the organic peach pure I had in the cupboard. Just a few bites so she'd think she was included. This was her second time trying peaches. Anyway about an hour later I noticed some hives on her face. I wiped her face off and they went away. So I'm not sure if its from some being on her sin and irritating it or from eating it. DS would get hives if ranch dressing got on his skin. I have several food allergies and mine doesn't disappear after cleaning the hives.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage

Re: XP food allergy?

• Options
    shotzieshotzie member

DD1 is allergic to dairy, soy, and eggs. If dairy or eggs touch her skin, she gets hives where the food made contact with her skin. If DH or I touch eggs or dairy and then touch her, she'll get hives too. We wipe her skin and the hives go away in about 20 min. We had her tested at age 1, after the first incidence of hives and her numbers were really high. We have to carry EpiPens in case of a severe reaction. Thankfully, she's never had a severe reaction. 

I would avoid peaches for now, and let the pedi know about her reaction. I would see a pedi allergist for testing. They usually like to wait till age 1, as the results are less accurate the younger they are. 

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"