March 2012 Moms
Options

What plan are you using?

Hi there!

So I've been trying some different things to help lose some of this baby weight...yep, after over a year, I'm ready to deal with my situation and take care of it. What have you guys done or used that has helped you be successful in your weight loss?

Re: What plan are you using?

• Options
    Try cutting out all things processed and eat real food. Drink lots of water.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I signed up for a half marathon.  4.5 months of training did it for me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For me, as long as I am good at exercising and cut back on the sugary stuff, I do well. I don't follow any special plans or fads or anything.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    kclg10kclg10 member
    Clean eating. I never ate breakfast before, but now I drink a green smoothie every morning. Keeps me full and gives me lots of energy. I also started running. It's been so hard to build my stamina, but slowly I am getting there! Since April 1st, I am down 13 lbs. I have a lot more to go to get to a healthy weight, but this is what has worked for me.

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• Options
    ZimgerZimger member

I just eat as healthy as possible and work out. I cut down the intensity of my work outs while I was pregnant. It took me a while to get back up too speed but I managed. I just took it at my own speed.

For me it helps to set goals. I set a goal to participate in a run to benefit those affected by Parkinsons Diease. It helped give me the motivation to work through the tough times.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

once i stop nursing I will meet with a DR to get a solid plan.

Basically- Eat clean and log everything i eat-

1200 Calories a day

60 g protein

40 carbs

30 g fat per day

almond milk, greens, meat, berries, veggies egg whites.

That is a basic formula. I was doing the P90X and really not getting any results for weight. I was seeing change in my body but nothing dramatic. I recently removed most processed foods from my diet and FINALLY saw the scale MOVE a little.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagekbruington:

Eating healthy and staying active/working out.

Pretty much this lol. A few months ago I signed up for an introduction Crossfit class, which was 1hr 3days a week for a month. It made me realize how truly out of shape I still was!

Since then I've joined a gym that has childcare so I can workout when DH is at work and it's been great! I'm at them gym probably 4 days a week, two of those days I do classes (Pilates one day and a weight lifting circuit class another day). On days I don't get to the gym I either take DS on a long walk or get in at least a mile jog. I aim to exercise 6 days a week and am definitely seeing results as far as toning up goes. I don't drink soda or eat fast food and we meal plan all of our dinners so we always have something healthy to eat.

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    ds1247ds1247 member

We (DH and I) are doing the Special K Challenge, it plans out all the meals for you and calculates calories and all that.

Its basically just a low calorie/low fat diet, that incorporates lots of fruits and veggies.  Some the stuff we had never really tried (especially not on a regular basis - spinach, leeks, radishes, etc).  We agreed to try everything at least once, but it will let you substitute things. We like the structure of everything being planned out.  It can get expensive, so we do swap some things, reuse remaining items and eat leftovers to maximize what we spend.

DH has lost 41 lbs and I have lost 19, so I'm 14 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant.

We also have started walking.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ds1247ds1247 member

They have several options - the true Challenge is where you replace 2 meals with shakes, meal bars or cereal. 

We are doing the Goal Weight Challenge which is actual meals. This what our day looked like:

Breakfast Special K? Bran Muffin Breakfast with Fruit and Milk (recipe for muffins given)

Morning Snack Yogurt and Honey Snack

Lunch Veggie Burger with Gruyere and Mushroom Lunch

Afternoon Snack Special K? Chocolatey Pretzel Cereal Bar

Dinner Seared Steak Salad Dinner with Roll, Fruit and Dessert

The website gives you the recipes for everything and serving sizes.  We really like it, but like I said we did adapt some to minimize our grocery bill.  Plus LO can eat almost everything we do.

https://www.specialk.com/mealplan/start/step1

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"