Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Body lotion

I've been using straight up coconut oil for about a month now, but it's just not enough for my super parched skin. What natural body lotion do you recommend? I'm even up for making my own if you have a simple recipe...I already make my own face wash.

Anniversary

Re: Body lotion

• Options
    aetgaetg member
    I make whipped Shea butter. You can make it by itself or mix it with other oils. It is more moisturizing/protective than coconut oil.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Not lotion, but we've been using avocado oil in the shower and its really cut down on our need for lotion.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Expensive but love it. Hugo Naturals, All Over Lotion!
  • Options

Ava Anderson! Completely non-toxic, organic, and delicious. I use their "body butter" on extra dry patches (behind my knees mostly) - it's a little thicker than lotion. All in all, fabulous, and money-back-guaranteed -- not too many brands can say that!

Do you know what toxic chemicals are lurking in your current products? Check them at www.ewg.org. For fantastic skin, body, baby and home products WITHOUT hazardous chemicals, visit www.AvaAndersonMA.com
  • Options
    I like Everyday Shea, but was thinking of switching to coconut oil... ha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

A lot of people think coconut oil is the best moisturizer, but it's really not! In soapmaking, it helps make a hard bar, but it has drying properties. I have a simple recipe that I like! You only need water, cocoa butter, plus whatever other oils you want to add, and an emulsifier to bond the water with the oils. You can buy emulsifying wax really cheap. Here's a link to my blog with the recipe... I've only had a few posts, but hopefully I'll start posting again soon!

https://thesimplefarmstead.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"