August 2013 Moms

I've been drinking mold

So I have this big reusable cup with a lid and straw I use for water at work. Sometimes I put a lemon in there. Sometimes I don't. I usually give it a good scrubbing once a week. (It's not dishwasher safe.)

Well, I just noticed a part of the straw that I apparently don't pay too much attention to has mold on it. Not a ton, but enough that I saw it in more than one place. Of course it's the end that's sitting in the water all day. I have no idea how long it's been there, but I have been pounding water today. I'm sure it's at least been there all day today and yesterday. 

I'm grossed out, of course. But should I be freaking out?

Re: I've been drinking mold

• No. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nope.

If you haven't gotten sick by this point, you'll be fine. Just be more vigilant in the future.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry about it.  just clean it a little better from here on out.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesuchgreatheights324:

imagemanditxg:
    I wouldn't worry about it.  just clean it a little better from here on out.  

Agreed.

If it makes you feel any better OP, I ate ants at the beginning of this pregnancy. They somehow got into my cereal, and I didn't notice until I had eaten quite a bit.

....and now I will be digging through my box of cereal tomorrow before I eat breakfast. LOL

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• imagesuchgreatheights324:
    imagekahlan82:
    imagesuchgreatheights324:

imagemanditxg:

Agreed.

If it makes you feel any better OP, I ate ants at the beginning of this pregnancy. They somehow got into my cereal, and I didn't notice until I had eaten quite a bit.

....and now I will be digging through my box of cereal tomorrow before I eat breakfast. LOL

It was in December. I didn't even know ants were out at that time. I've lived in Georgia my whole life and have never seen ants in December. Those Lucky Charms weren't so lucky.

might be weevils. they live in flour and dried goods. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• dmwbqbdmwbqb member

imagemanditxg:

Agreed.

DH discovered one day that he had been eating mouse poop. We kept our box of dry oatmeal on the floor of the pantry. One day we discovered we had a mouse who had been inside the bag of oatmeal DH was eating from. Needless to say the little black things he had noticed in his oatmeal weren't little burnt pieces. Thank goodness he didn't get sick!!!!!
  • imagedmwbqb:

imagemanditxg:

Agreed.

DH discovered one day that he had been eating mouse poop. We kept our box of dry oatmeal on the floor of the pantry. One day we discovered we had a mouse who had been inside the bag of oatmeal DH was eating from. Needless to say the little black things he had noticed in his oatmeal weren't little burnt pieces. Thank goodness he didn't get sick!!!!!

OMG! I will take mold any day over mouse poop. Yikes. Poor guy! 

• No. Just clean better now and use some bleach maybe. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"