Success after IF
Options

Delayed vaccinations

Have any of you done delayed or staggered vaccinations for your LO? If so, did your pediatrician make up a schedule or is there one that exsists that you followed? I am NOT trying to start a debate on this. We will be getting all vaccinations but DH's side of the family has a history of bad reactions to vaccinations as babies so we want to spread them out a bit. Thanks ladies!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TTC# 1 since 5/10
Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
DX: Unexplained IF
Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2
IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
IVF #7 August 2019-....?

Re: Delayed vaccinations

• Options
    I don't have experience but my friend IRL staggered them for her son for similar reasons. She just had to make extra appointments between the normal appointments to get the shots he didn't get at the normal appointments. I hope that makes sense. I am sure if you talk to your pediatrician about it he/she will have some experience. GL!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    SaraevhSaraevh member

We do.  

We follow Dr. Cave's Schedule.  I read her book while I was pg with my first.  You can find it all over the internet.  Here is one link:  https://childrenshealthchoices.org/cave.html  

Our ped has been totally supportive and if a shot is needed and it's not when we have a well baby check up scheduled we just come in, a nurse quick does it and we're on our way.  It has never been a big deal.   

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ELF4321ELF4321 member

We did Pc and Hib at 2, 4, and 6.  We did not want to do DTaP at the same time as Pc, and our pedi felt that it was more important to get Pc earlier.  So we did DTaP on its own at 3, 5, 7.

We did not do Rotavirus at all -- our pedi won't even give it to his patients because he feels the risks from the vaccine outweigh the risk of the illness.

We did her first polio shot at 9 months because we were there anyway and it's supposed to be one of the milder vaccines (although, in retrospect, I'm really glad we didn't do it earlier because it turns out this is the only one DD has had a reaction to!) 

We'll do the 4th Pc at her 12 month, and do the 4th DTaP at the recommended time (I can't remember if it's 15 or 18 months), and the 2nd polio at the other one of those times. 

I haven't figured out when we'll finish the polio series or when to do MMR, Varicella, or Hep B.  I wouldn't even do Hep B except it's required for enrollment in school here, so we'll have to do it before then.  I'm most worried about MMR because there is a history of autoimmune disorders in DH's family (even though the autism study has been de-bunked, it was already established and acknowledged that other auto-immune issues can be triggered by MMR in a small number of kids).  I plan to talk to the pedi about the best timing of it when we go in for DD's 12 month appointment.

• Options

We thought about delaying using Dr. Sears' alternative vaccine schedule. We ultimately decided to stick with AAP, but it's out there in the Google-verse. Good luck! You will need to make sure your pediatrician is on board. Most pediatric practices here will not accept patients who wish to delay.

DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Options
    RobeanoRobeano member
    We are delaying for at least a year. Going to revisit the whole thing at that time. I react a lot to medications so I want to make sure Hannah is older before giving them. Plus I find there is so much pressure right after baby is born without time to research I didn't want to regret a choice.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I read Dr Sears vaccination book. I'm using the full alternative vaccination schedule. My pedi is familiar with the schedule and at least at their office it is an acknowledged and respected alternate schedule. 

I would call and ask what their recommend alt vac schedule is so you can read up. Good luck! 

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    I somewhat delay vaccines. I won't let them administer more than 2 shots at any given apt. This means I make extra appointments to catch up sometimes, and sometimes I'll wait until the next well visit if there are not shots scheduled for that age. It is a pretty loose system I have. 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also use the one out of Dr. Sears book. It's the delayed vaccine schedule, I don't believe it's "his" but it's in his book. It has worked very well for us.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    As an AP/CD/BF/BW mama who does delayed vaxr, I get pegged as a hippy dippy and get a lot of criticism for not appropriately protecting my child and others' children.  This is hilarious to me because I am actually very pro-vax.  I am all for the benefits of modern science and the eradication of serious illnesses.  But if you follow the CDC's recommended vax schedule, you are putting more heaving metals into a heavy baby than the FDA recommends for an ADULT.  So we do an alternate schedule that basically equates to around one shot a month.  He gets all the vax but one at a time, to allow his immune system time to recoup and ensure that we're not dumping too much heavy metals into him at once.  I honestly don't know why the CDC doesn't recommend it be done that way for everyone - my guess is that they just assume people are too lazy to stay on top of it and it's better/safer to just get them done as fast as possible to ensure they are done at all.  Yay for pandering to the lowest common denominator!  :/

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"