Pittsburgh Babies

Mercy

Any moms-to-be delivering at Mercy?  Or moms-to-be with friends or family members who have delivered at Mercy?  I found out that is where I will be delivering today, just interested in some feedback!  Thanks!

Re: Mercy

• I delivered at Mercy in December.  I had a wonderful experience.  I'd be more than happy to try to answer any questions you might have.

~Liz

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • mrsnalamrsnala member
    I also delivered at Mercy in January and had a great experience. PM if you have any questions

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Mercy in December too. They deliver fewer babies than Magee, but I think you get more personal attention because of that. The rooms are generously sized and you don't have to wait for a room in any sort of triage area.  You get a free parents special dinner the night before you go home.  I'm a vegetarian and they couldn't have been nicer about that.  They let me make special requests for basically any food I wanted.  The hospital itself isn't that new or fancy, but I would deliver there again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My twins that are due mid Sept will be my second delivery at Mercy. I had my first child at Magee. I can honestly say that of the two places, I had a MUCH better experience at Mercy. They were kinder and more compassionate than Magee was to me in EVERY aspect and I feel like they went above and beyond. I joked with my husband that if we were ever to have more children after our first two we werent planning on anymore, let alone twins that if I couldnt have them at Mercy, I would just refuse to have the kid. Haha. I cant tell you how wonderful they were from the nurses to the lactation consultants to dietary and the people who clean your room. It was such a great experience! I dont want you to think Im bashing Magee, because Im not. Just in my opinion, I was just another person who had a baby and if I needed help or just needed something, I always waited awhile. Actually, at one point when I needed help with getting my daughter to latch I was having problems, I was scared to call the nurse because she kept treating me like I was putting her out. I had DH page her and she came in yelling at me saying that she couldnt be at my every beck and call. I will tell you truthfully that I may have called her twice before that for new linens and an ice pack or something to that extent. I just felt like Mercy nurses and people were very happy to help, even if they werent, they pretended like they were. : If you haveany other questions, please dont hesitate to let me know!
  • alli65alli65 member
    Thanks for all the feedback!  I have heard mixed opinions about Magee, so I was going in open minded but then found out I would be delivering at Mercy.  I am so glad I am hearing such positive remarks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"