August 2013 Moms

Strong Litle Guy

Please don't laugh at me!

Do you think it is possible for the LO to bruise me on the INSIDE? This weekend, DHwas driving and I bent down to pick something up from the floorboard. I don?t know what happened, but it sure did hurt! It almost felt like some part of him was stuck between the bottom of my ribcage and something else (either my pelvis or his own body).
That was on Sunday morning. And it is still bothering me. It doesn?t hurt when I?m just sitting here, only when HE moves around that same spot, its about a 3 inch area about 4 fingeres below my ribs just to the side of my belly button. (sounds funny, but its hard to describe!)

I have an appointment Friday. If it is still bothering me, I'll bring itup then. Little guy is moving around just fine....I am not at all concerned about him! :)

AmyBeth BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Strong Litle Guy

• Tenderness is to be expected in certain areas. My right side of my ribs tend to ache a lot from where LO is sitting. I doubt there is going to be anything the OB can do to relieve that. 3rd tri is always worse because they are high enough to reach those areas and there really isn't much you can do. With my 1st I was always pushing him out from under my ribs.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    Tenderness is to be expected in certain areas. My right side of my ribs tend to ache a lot from where LO is sitting. I doubt there is going to be anything the OB can do to relieve that. 3rd tri is always worse because they are high enough to reach those areas and there really isn't much you can do. With my 1st I was always pushing him out from under my ribs.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about relieving the pain, I am sure it will come and go. I was checking that it was actually possible for this little thing inside me to cause ME that much pain! I've had a perfect pregnancy with zero pain or uncomfortableness yet. This is new to me! ;)

Thanks!

AmyBeth BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A lady at work got a broken rib from a strong kick when she was pregnant with her son.
  • imageamybeth1016:

imageamarissa85:
    Tenderness is to be expected in certain areas. My right side of my ribs tend to ache a lot from where LO is sitting. I doubt there is going to be anything the OB can do to relieve that. 3rd tri is always worse because they are high enough to reach those areas and there really isn't much you can do. With my 1st I was always pushing him out from under my ribs.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about relieving the pain, I am sure it will come and go. I was checking that it was actually possible for this little thing inside me to cause ME that much pain! I've had a perfect pregnancy with zero pain or uncomfortableness yet. This is new to me! ;)

Thanks!

That is why 2nd tri is typically called the golden months. Then 3rd tri hits and everything goes to you know where. Not for all but in my experience 3rd tri tends to be somewhat miserable. 

imageimageimageimage

• imageChelleLynS:
    A lady at work got a broken rib from a strong kick when she was pregnant with her son.

WOWZERS! :-

AmyBeth BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend told me that her DS had kicked her so hard during pregnancy that she had literal bruises that could be seen on the OUTSIDE of her body.  Yikes!
    BFP #1 7/1/12 | EDD 3/12/13 | mm/c 7/31/12 | D&E 8/3/12
    BFP #2 11/28/12 | EDD 8/10/13
    Our Baby at 11w6d | 55mm (2.2") | 162bpm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Soleil3Soleil3 member
    Yup, I actually have permanent nerve damage from my first, there's an area right under my right rib that has no feeling. Thanks DD!
    image image

• imageSoleil3:
    Yup, I actually have permanent nerve damage from my first, there's an area right under my right rib that has no feeling. Thanks DD!

Surprise wow!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Wow! it's amazing what other ladies' experiences are. I had a few whopper kicks in the past few days that were fun and exciting but close to hurting (but not yet). Good to know what might be coming :-)
  • kmichlnkmichln member
    It's a legitimate question, and the answer is yes. With DS, he kicked me so hard that my doc said he bruised my stomach, liver, and spleen. It hurt to breathe and bend or stretch. And it really started hurting the more he kicked those areas. There isn't anything a doc can do for that though. Just something you have to deal with like the round ligament pain. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"