Georgia Babies

?s about Fox Theater for a concert

My DH and I are thinking about going to the Kings of the Mic Tour at the Fox Theater on June 4th when I'm 29 weeks pregnant.

A couple of questions for anyone who's seen a concert here:

1)  Is the smell of pot a problem at the Fox Theater like it can be at other venues or are they fairly good about preventing people from smoking in the theater?

2)  Where is the best place to sit?  We're thinking either the Loge or orchestra seats?

3)   Best place to park near by?

4) Anything else I should know about this theater?

TIA

imageimage

Me 33 DH 36 Together 10 years, Married 5 years

TTC #1 since 8/2007 with MFI
November 2012 - IVF w/ ICSI #1; 11/28/12 - ER 12 eggs! 11 fertilized! 12/3/12 - ET - transferred 1 AA Blastocyst
Charlotte Hannah -born 8/13/13.

Re: ?s about Fox Theater for a concert

• the fox is a no smoking theater and i have never seen ANYONE get away with smoking anything there, much less weed. i would say of all the concert venues around it is the most tame. there are lots of pay parking lots nearby that vary in price and a parking deck a block away. the fox is awesome and so cool to look at - arrive as early as you can to wander around and make sure you check out the bathrooms!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • aherbinaherbin member

There should be no problems with smoke of any kind at the Fox - it is not your typical concert venue.

If you are looking for the closest parking lot, that would be at the Georgia Terrace hotel directly across the street. However, it also likely to be one of the more expensive lots. 

Best place to sit depends on a lot - personally, I care more about being close to the front whether it's in the orchestra or the balcony.

The Fox is a beautiful venue and you should definitely get there early to look around.   

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls.  Still trying to decide if want to do the overnight trip to Atlanta to see these rappers.
    imageimage

Me 33 DH 36 Together 10 years, Married 5 years

TTC #1 since 8/2007 with MFI
    November 2012 - IVF w/ ICSI #1; 11/28/12 - ER 12 eggs! 11 fertilized! 12/3/12 - ET - transferred 1 AA Blastocyst
    Charlotte Hannah -born 8/13/13.
  • I've never run into a pot problem there, I don't even remember having any sort of smoke problem. Personally I like to be in the front of the first balcony if you can (front of second balcony is my next choice).  The two balconies are sloped really well, but the floor is not, so if you want to be able to actually sit down and see what is going on, the balcony is the best for that. The venue isn't huge, so as long as you aren't way at the back you will be able to see well. 

I usually have good luck parking in the Hotel Indigo deck, but it is going to cost you (anywhere from $10-$20). 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Just wanted to add that the bathrooms aren't enough for a full concert. There is one big bathroom and one loooooooong line that goes down stairs. Plan to go during the show instead of waiting for a intermission. The line is awful! Seriously awful!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"