Infertility Veterans
Options

Tough day

Hello ladies! I've been in hiding...mostly lurking and occasionally rearing my head to respond to someone. You are all in my mind and heart, regardless. It's been a rough recovery from my last failed IVF, and I'm still not anywhere close to where I wish I was. I go from angry to hopeless to numb. I was dreading today. Today when I thought I would be announcing my pregnancy to my family as a Mother's Day surprise. Today when I thought I'd be flooded with well wishes and congratulations. Instead, I have spent my morning wishing everyone else a beautiful day and visiting my newlydelivered patients with their brand new bundles of joy. I've already had tiff 1 with the hubs who sometimes is very harsh to respond to my tears. And though I understand it comes from a place of frustration and impotence to fix this, still hurts when I just need him to let me be upset. The proverbial straw was getting a card from someone "to the best cat dog mom in the world" and thinking I may never get the chance to be a "real" mom.
So my apologies to you all for coming out of hiding just to be a DebbieDowner but I knew you would be the only ones to understand. I wish all of you strength in abundance to get through today.
Married 2007
3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
IVF #1 never made it to transfer
On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
-- Margaret Thatcher

Re: Tough day

• Options
    ((hugs))  I understand the feelings.  I'm a NICU nurse and have been dreading this weekend since I had to work and seem to lately be getting families that dont visit or seem to appreciate their miracle.  It's so difficult sometimes.  You just want to grab them & scream wtf is wrong with you!  The final straw yesterday was when the charge nurse came around and said our manager said it was okay for staff's families to come visit today for our lunch breaks.  Everyone's kids get to come up, so that means I'd probably have to eat in the small kitchen instead of with everyone else so I can avoid that.  Thankfully, I got cancelled from the first 8 hours of my shift today so I don't have to deal with that.  phew!
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options

imageEcarabeo217:
    Hello ladies! I've been in hiding...mostly lurking and occasionally rearing my head to respond to someone. You are all in my mind and heart, regardless. It's been a rough recovery from my last failed IVF, and I'm still not anywhere close to where I wish I was. I go from angry to hopeless to numb. I was dreading today. Today when I thought I would be announcing my pregnancy to my family as a Mother's Day surprise. Today when I thought I'd be flooded with well wishes and congratulations. Instead, I have spent my morning wishing everyone else a beautiful day and visiting my newlydelivered patients with their brand new bundles of joy. I've already had tiff 1 with the hubs who sometimes is very harsh to respond to my tears. And though I understand it comes from a place of frustration and impotence to fix this, still hurts when I just need him to let me be upset. The proverbial straw was getting a card from someone "to the best cat dog mom in the world" and thinking I may never get the chance to be a "real" mom. So my apologies to you all for coming out of hiding just to be a DebbieDowner but I knew you would be the only ones to understand. I wish all of you strength in abundance to get through today.

big hugs. it is a terrible day/weekend for all of us on the board. i am sorry yh isn't getting it right now. huge hugs 

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs..tough day is right. I "should" be 18wks right now but I'm not and this is the first Mother's Day that I "know" that I will never be a mom. I'd actually welcome an acknowledgment from DH with a card from the cats!!. But he is at his moms and I'm home alone.. In bed which I am not getting out of today..

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry. Your anguish breaks my heart.  I wish there was something I could do for you. Today does suck.  I think we are all a little Debbie downer today.  I'm sending huge ((HUGS)) 
     36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • Options

Giant hugs..

No worries about feeling like you're "debbie downer"...

I admire you so much for keeping a happy face as you wish your patients joyful times. You are an incredibly strong woman, hugs.... I pray that next year you are the one receiving the wishes for your new little one. 

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Big huge ((hugs))!!  This day is absolutely brutal.  I hope it is over for you quickly.  Hang in there.

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    zazu13zazu13 member
    Sorry for everyone having a rough day. A year ago I was waiting for beta level to get to zero after beta hell and methotrexate. I made hubby take me away so we are sitting at an airport and I'm blissfully ignoring the holiday except for, of course, acknowledging my iwn mama. Hugs to everyone. Hopefully the pain of Mother's Day will lessen over the years.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"