November 2012 Moms

Sophie?

Is it worth buying one at almost 6 mo of age?  C doesnt have teeth yet but they are imminent. wondering if its something we can do without?

Re: Sophie?

• I definitely think you can do without.
    We are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Benjamin loves it. We got it as a gift. By far his favorite. But, if it wouldn't have been a gift I doubt I would've gotten one. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The Tommee Tippee chewther thing that looks like a paci dog bone works the best for us for teething, but he does like Sophie.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • imagesugar2515:

I bought one for A (no teeth yet, but showing signs)...she is highly unimpressed and prefers noming on her thumb.

I keep hoping that once she has teeth, she'll appreciate the $18 I spent on Sophie.

I think it's one of those things babies either love or hate, so I wouldn't say you *need* to buy one.  I wish I waited and tried other, less expensive, teething toys first and bought Sophie if they didn't work.  But I was all, "OMG, I **need** to get A Sophie or else I'm a terrible mother!!11!" 

haha I'm a terrible mother, I don't even know what Sophie is!! 

• I don't think she is worth the money, honestly.

I let LO chew on squeezey bath toys. I have some in the bath tub and the others in his toy box. He also chews on the legs and tails of his dinosaur and dog Wubbanubs. I'm thinking about finding him a Beanie Baby that has lots of beans in it. Freezing the Wubbanubs will be the next step for us when he actually starts acting fussy from his teeth. Also, I thought about doing yogurt ice cubes in the mesh feeder for his teeth.

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• We got one as a gift. I would not have bought one myself.
  • O absolutely loves hers and chews on it when she refuses everything else. It has saved us from some serious meltdowns in public. Well worth the investment for us!

• imageAM85:
    O absolutely loves hers and chews on it when she refuses everything else. It has saved us from some serious meltdowns in public. Well worth the investment for us!

This is us too. I did buy mine when it was on sale. I wouldn't pay full price.

• I tried to "steer clear" of Sophie for a long time too. I finally caved and got one (with a coupon of course). LO had every other teething type toy available before we got it. He is totally obsessed with Sophie! I can barely get him to look at his other teething toys. He won't take pacifiers anymore, so that may have something to do with it. Anyway, my BIL and SIL are finalists in an adoption situation, and I already told DH, if they get the baby, we are getting them Sophie! I have heard some other babies aren't as interested, but for us, one of our best purchases so far.

• milescmilesc member

Both of my kids loved Sophie

$ well spent here! 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • My daughter loved it. My son just laughs when it squeaks. Obviously I was a sucker and bought one, but we always joke that it is a glorified dog toy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both of mine love Sophie! Agreed its an overpriced dog toy, lol, but they love her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"