Food Allergy

Scratch Test ??

My allergist's office recently got  new LPN who does the scratch test. My husband, DS1, and DS2 had all had the scratch test with the previous LPN. No tears, didn't seem to phase them too much.

Last week DS2 had to be retested. He arched his back and cried and tried to squirm away from her as she poked him. I felt like she was poking a lot harder than the previous LPN had. DS2 is a really laid back baby, so for him to react in such a way was shocking. (And hard to watch)

What has been your experince with the tests? Do you think they need to push pretty hard to get valid results? (the other LPN didn't seem to) How would you address it? I take DS1 back in at the end of this month for a re-assess! Sad

Re: Scratch Test ??

• When I had mine the MD did it. She didn't hurt me and was pretty gentle. The scratch test to check for derma something, sensitive skin basically, hurt worse than the allergens. I'd say something and see if there is someone else that can administer the pokes or see if she can get some additional training to improve her "skills".

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"