Minnesota Babies

United Hospital

Hey ladies, just wondering how long you had to be in the hospital after you had your baby and what all the hospital provided. Just trying to pack our bags accordingly!

Thanks! :

Re: United Hospital

• I am delivering at United and would also be interested to see what people have to say. I did the tour a few weeks ago and they said that for a vaginal delivery, the average stay is 2 nights, 3 nights for C-section. Also, my friend delivered there and said that they got a Halo Sleep Sack but that was really it for the baby. She said that they provided her with lots of "after care" stuff like Tucks and hospital underwear. That sounds like about it.
  • Do you know if they gave the babies onesies/snap shirts, hats or receiving blankets or anything for while they're there? I'm due in July and think that a sleep sack might be a little warm if its fleece!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my daughters at united 7 years and 4 years ago. They did have the long sleeve snap shirts and recieving blankets there. They also recieved hats. We we also supplied with diapers, wipes, butt cream,pacifier, and formula. which was needed to to my girls loosing so much weight. They wouldn't let them go until they gained some back I had 2 csections. I got their little mesh undiea and pads. However I recommend to just bring your own. With my first csection I was there 3 days and with the 2nd I was there 45 days due to having a spinal headache.
  • imagerooter84:
    I had my daughters at united 7 years and 4 years ago. They did have the long sleeve snap shirts and recieving blankets there. They also recieved hats. We we also supplied with diapers, wipes, butt cream,pacifier, and formula. which was needed to to my girls loosing so much weight. They wouldn't let them go until they gained some back I had 2 csections. I got their little mesh undiea and pads. However I recommend to just bring your own. With my first csection I was there 3 days and with the 2nd I was there 45 days due to having a spinal headache.

I was mobile bumping and now see it says I was in the hospital 45 days. It should say 4 TO 5 days!
  • State law says you have 48 hours after a regular vaginal delivery that must be covered by insurance since some complications don't show up until the 2nd day for both baby/Mom.  IMO, take advantage of every last minute of the extra help and someone to bring you your meals!!  For me I had zero help once I left the hospital so having someone those first days to take the baby so I could shower, or rest..  Granted, DS was in our room most of the time, but with DD I was so wiped out from a rough L&D that I was still out of it that they had considered a 3rd day which I should have taken...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love going home the next day. Sleeping in the hospital is awful with them checking on you so often. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"