August 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: Game of Thrones

Late as usual but lets hear what you thought of Sunday's episode!

a) I'm still in love with Lady Oleanna (Margerey's grandmother), especially after her convo with Tywin - lol.

b) WTF is going on with Theon?? I really don't remember that from the books so I'm thinking it's something the writers for the show added.  I'm really curious to see where this goes because it just doesn't make any sense to me.  The dude torturing him is EVIL... do you guys really think he's related to the Karstarks? Or was he lying?

c) Poor Arya and Poor Gendry!!!! I hate that Red Evil priestess lady. In general I pretty much hate everything related to Stannis... (boh-ring!)
I don't recall them taking Gendry in the books so I'm looking forward to seeing what they plan on doing to him (although I think I know what this is leading up to...).

d) And poor Sansa - having to marry the Imp after thinking she was going to marry Loras (which if you've read the book, didn't Margerey have ANOTHER brother she was engaged to?? They never introduced him in the series)

But let's face it - I'd marry Tyrion anyday over any of the other douche's that have been presented to Sansa.  Love me some Tyrion!!

e) Jon Snow and the wall - getting his mack on with Ygritte. I'm excited to see how that storyline moves forward.

It looks like there are a total of 10 episodes this season... this past Sunday was episode #6.  4 more to go! I can't wait for the royal wedding and for the Frey wedding with Edmure Tully!

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
My baby is ONE!!

Re: NBR: Game of Thrones

• Options
    I'm on mobile so I won't be able to hit all the points you made because I can not see them as I type. BUT, I also love that old lady! When she said 'he's a sword swallower through and through' my whole family died laughing. She's so witty!

I do feel bad for Theon although I was mad at him for turning against the Starks, but I don't believe he should be tortured for it. And if that guy is a part of the karstarks then he obviously hasn't got the memo that they are no longer fighting with Robb Stark.

And finally, I feel awful for Sansa, she can not catch a break! But I'd marry Tyrion any day! He's so sweet and witty.

Oh, one more thing. Joffrey is a demented little boy for killing Rose like that. What the .
  • Options

a) I love her too...she's so fiesty! I like that she took what Tywin said and dished it right back to him. Her one interaction with Tyrion was awesome as well.

b) I haven't read all the books but DH says that Theon's situation is in the books. I believe his captor is Roose Bolton's bastard. He's the guy who married the Lady of Harrenhal, locked her in a tower and starved her. Anyway, his banner is "the flayed man" so he flayed Theon's hand. DH keeps saying he's a twisted dude and the only person who can reason with him is Roose Bolton. He lied to Theon just to mess with him.

c) I love Arya...she's my favorite. And yes, I hate the red priestess. DH said that Gendry going with the red priestess was not in the books, so you're not alone there.

d) I feel a little bad for Sansa, but c'mon, was she so naive to think the Lannisters would just let her go to Highgarden? I can't decide what would be worse: married to a good-looking highborn man who will never love you because he likes men, or married to a Lannister (and therefore related to Cersei and Joffrey).

e) DH loves the John Snow story line...I think it's just okay. I am anxious to see what happens though. I already asked DH "Does John knock her up? Cause I'd be okay with that."

I have to agree that how Joffrey killed Rose was gruesome, but that's just how he is. I'm pissed that Littlefinger is to blame though. He definitely knows how to play the game.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealexkylee:

I have to agree that how Joffrey killed Rose was gruesome, but that's just how he is. I'm pissed that Littlefinger is to blame though. He definitely knows how to play the game.

Right!! That was terrible!! I had forgotten about that, ugh.  Such a sorrow note to end the episode and you're right - Littlefinger was behind that!

My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    This episode seemed more vile than others. That bit at the end with Jeoffrey just about had me hurl.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    rooftoprooftop member

A- totally agree! I hope i can be that badass when I'm an old lady

B- I'm pretty sure their jumping to the continuation of Theon's story in book 5, which means his captor is Ramsey Snow (the bastard of bolton) or maybe they're changing it completely...

C- definitely worried about gendry considering what she does to other characters with "king's blood" in the books

D- I think her marrying tyrion is much better for her than if she would have been stuck with Loras even though I'm sure she wouldn't agree until it was too late. Tyrion really is good to her all thing considered.

and E- love the jon snow story but trying not to become too attached in case they follow the book... Won't elaborate on that but I remember that not going so well

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That episode almost has me feeling bad for Theon...then I remember all the awful stuff he did. I thought the ending with the kissing on the top of the wall was a little lame for the show. I guess I've gotten so use to characters being killed off all the time that I expected someone to fall off the wall at least!
  • Options

imagemissmay55:
    That episode almost has me feeling bad for Theon...then I remember all the awful stuff he did. I thought the ending with the kissing on the top of the wall was a little lame for the show. I guess I've gotten so use to characters being killed off all the time that I expected someone to fall off the wall at least!

lol!!! If it makes you feel better I do believe in the books people did fall off the wall while climbing - haha.

My baby is ONE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"