Maryland Babies
Options

Hopkins affiliated OB recs?

I'm mostly a lurker here, but need some help.  My OB/GYN of nearly 10 years is leaving (which caused me to bawl my eyes out after my last appointment).  I'm 4 months pregnant and because I'm high risk and due to complications with my DS, I want to deliver at Hopkins downtown this time too.

Anyone have any OBs that are Hopkins affiliated that they love?  I don't like the other doc in my current practice and the only other option there is a midwife, but because of the risk level, I'm not comfortable with that.

Would LOVE some ideas.

Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012

Re: Hopkins affiliated OB recs?

• Options
    I'm going to the downtown campus and my understanding is that the Dr's are on a rotating schedule so you see whoever is 'on'. This means that you can get anyone at the time of your delivery. It may be different if you are high risk? They are really nice so I would just give them a call.
  • Options
    I see the high risk group at greenspring. There's a total of 10 doctors and if you're under their service, you'll be delivered by any of those ten. All of them are MFMs. No residents.
    When you make the appointment, make sure you request the MFM group located either in Greenspring or the Nelson building in the downtown location. Same docs, but some only see patients at one location and not the other
    There's another OB practice with high risk doctors available but with that one, you'll be seen by residents being trained by MFMs. This practice is in the outpatient center. It is much larger.
    I would also suggest going to Greenspring over downtown if its feasible for you. You'll avoid paying the hospital and doctor bill that comes with seeing a hospital practice.
    I'm very familiar with Hopkins, PM if you need anymore info.
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the input.  I know they rotate for delivery, I got lucky last time and my doc was on duty when I delivered. 

Thanks too for the input on Greenspring.  I'll have to check them out.  I have one more appointment with my current OB but will need to start seeing someone else in July.  Boo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012
  • Options
    I go to the Greenspring office for MFM as well.  All of your main testing, u/s etc. will be downtown on the main campus but the Greenspring office is much more convenient for regular visits. I would definitely recommend it.
  • Options

imagejillmatheny:
    I go to the Greenspring office for MFM as well.nbsp; All of your main testing, u/s etc. will be downtown on the main campus but the Greenspring office is much more convenient for regular visits. I would definitely recommend it.

Blood tests and ultrasounds are actually done right there now! :-) I have cervical checks and A/S done with them. They now have an U/S room in back. No need to go downtown at all. Well, except when you're ready to deliver ;)

Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Dr Rojas !!  I responded in the post above about him too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"