Trying to Get Pregnant

Sono HSG- not good news(longish story)

Short summary of why I had it done so early in TTC. I was dx with PCOS in April of 2008, was only on meds for about 6 months, had to stop because of shiity insurance. FF to now, we're on month 7 of TTC & I decided it would be a good idea to go back to the RE to get back on meds for PCOS, nothing more. Dr wanted to re-do my original labs since it had been so long & decided to add a sono HSG.

This brings us to today. I went in for the appt assuming everything would be fine, had no reason to think otherwise. They started to procedure, tons of pressure & eventually the little balloon popped out. They kept going, ended up reinserting the cath & balloon, I laid there & tried to ignore as much of their talk as possible. 

Once it was done, the Dr said well the cavity looks good but...and then my heart sank. Apparently, they were filling up my ute & it was blowing up like a balloon; zero fluid went into either tube. When he released the plunger on the syringe the saline pushed back into the line.

Dr told me we'd review it after my next u/s & figure things out from there. The nurse came in (& saw me bawling like a biitch), she said they'd probably have me do the procedure again at the hospital. Then the u/s tech came back & (again saw my sobbing) all she would say is there are ways around the tubes.

I have no idea what's next for us but, for now, I'm devastated. I had every expectation of being told my tubes looked great today. If I have 2 useless tubes, I assume IVF is our only option.

I'm trying to stay hopeful that my tubes are ok. Common sense & the looks on the faces of my dr & the tech, tell me otherwise. Has anyone had a blockage that was able to be cleared once they used contrast dye? Or if saline couldn't clear it, am I pretty much boned?

Thanks for reading my rant. I hate today.  

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
image image imageimage 

Re: Sono HSG- not good news(longish story)

• Hugs :(  I'm sorry, I hope you're next procedure gives you more hope. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I am so sorry to hear this. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know the answer to your question, but I am really sorry about the results.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• I'm so sorry. 
  • I am so, so sorry. That really sucks.

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have no experience or advice to give you but I'm sorry that the appointment didn't go well today.  I really hope the next steps will bring better news for you.  You guys have had a tough couple of weeks, my heart goes out to you.  I wish I could find krdesi's gif (I think) of the internet hug loading - sending lots your way!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh no...I'm so sorry you got bad news...::hugs::
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• I don't have any advice but I wanted to give you hugs and fx that they can clear it for you.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm sorry that you got bad and unexpected news. I imagine it's incredibly scary and frustrating.

I'm supposed have an Hsg next month before we move to lap surgery and my RE made it sound like there were several possible outcomes. Clear tubes, tubes that are cleared by dye, tubes that could be cleared by surgery, and tubes that can't be cleared at all. It's possible I misunderstood, but I wouldn't lose all hope yet until you get a chance to talk to someone and go through the other procedures. FX for you!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• cr230cr230 member
    I don't have an answer but just wanted to say that I'm really sorry and hope you get some better news soon.
  • Kam10Kam10 member
    I don't have any advice or answers for you, but I'm so sorry to hear about your results.

*****Siggy Warning*****

Toby        image

Me:28 DH:28
    TTC #1 since Nov '12
    DX: Non-IR PCOS & Hypothyroidism 
    BFP: 11/7/13 EDD: 7/18/14 Ectopic Tubal Surgery 12/18 
    2/5 HSG all clear!
    Femara 5mg + Trigger + IUI #1- 5 = BFN
    IVF #1 - 17R 15M 11F - Transferred 1 beautiful hatching blast on 9/26    4 Frosties
    Beta (10dp5dt) = 166  Beta #2 (12dp5dt) = 284  Beta #3 (14dp5dt) = 471  Beta #4 (18dp5dt) = 2032
    EDD: 6/14/15
    ~All are welcome~

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm sorry! Hugs!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • krdesikrdesi member

Sorry, that really sucks! Hopefully there is something they can do to help!

Because of what my insurance covers (and dh and I not willing to pay so much out of pocket), if drugs aren't seen as right for me to try, ivf will be in my future too. It's stressful, I know!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageMilagros315:
    I'm sorry that you got bad and unexpected news. I imagine it's incredibly scary and frustrating. I'm supposed have an Hsg next month before we move to lap surgery and my RE made it sound like there were several possible outcomes. Clear tubes, tubes that are cleared by dye, tubes that could be cleared by surgery, and tubes that can't be cleared at all. It's possible I misunderstood, but I wouldn't lose all hope yet until you get a chance to talk to someone and go through the other procedures. FX for you!

Mine didn't go over those options. I hope there is some way to clear them. I've never had any issues. I've never had so much as a UTI or YI. I've got some researching to do.

Hope your's goes smooth as silk! FWIW, the procedure was fairly painless until they got to the blockage.

Thanks everyone! I'm not looking forward to telling DH about this. (He had a repeat SA scheduled for 30 mins after I left the office. Didn't want to distract him.) 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    image image imageimage 
  • :( so sorry!! I can't imagine how you must be feeling. 
  • Becky,

I am so sorry to hear this.  I wish I could hug you, feed you lumpia. Drink a drank with you.  

I'll be praying for you and your DH.  

There is still hope.  

• mmb248mmb248 member
    I don't have any answers or advice to give, but I'm so sorry about your news.  I hope that you have much better news after your next procedure.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • I'm so sorry!  What crappy news to get.  Fingers crossed that they'll be able to unblock your tubes and come up with a good plan for treatment!

image       imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry. Hopefully the next procedure will be more successful!  Fingers crossed for you!
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • imagebeckynsean11:
    Mine didn't go over those options. I hope there is some way to clear them. I've never had any issues. I've never had so much as a UTI or YI. I've got some researching to do.Hope your's goes smooth as silk! FWIW, the procedure was fairly painless until they got to the blockage.Thanks everyone! I'm not looking forward to telling DH about this. He had a repeat SA scheduled for 30 mins after I left the office. Didn't want to distract him.nbsp;

Thanks.

Again, I'm so sorry. The uncertainty always makes things so difficult. I hope you get some answers soon!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• aww I'm so sorry.  I'll be thinking of you and hoping that they can get those tubes cleared.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have my FX that the next procedure sheds more positive light :(
    imageimage

• Thanks everyone. Just have to wait to talk to the Dr to see what he's thinking. Now that I've calmed down a little bit, it looks like there are a few surgical options to clear them. They don't sound fun but, this will be something I can use for guilt-tripping kids in the future, right? 

image image imageimage 
  • JoJo42JoJo42 member
    I am so sorry to hear of your results.  Hopefully, they will soon clear the tubes and everything will be better.
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • RunCC37RunCC37 member
    I'm so sorry! I'll keep you in my T&P
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • I'm sorry for the bad news.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I'm so sorry you received bad news. Hopefully you get better news at the next procedure. Until then :creepy internet stranger hugs:
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • So sorry!

I had a blocked tube.  They diagnosed mine during my lap to DX/treat endometriosis.  They showed me the pictures they took during the surgery and mine was blown up like a balloon.  Since mine was blocked because of endo, I did 6 months of Lupron depo to help clear it out.  6 months of Lupron was no picnic but it has helped SO MUCH and really opened things back up. 

Keeping my FX that there is a way to open your tubes back up.  Keeping you in my T&P. 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you! It's awesome to hear that they were able to get your tube cleared out!

ETA: Quote fail! 

image image imageimage 
  • argonneargonne member
    I'm so sorry. 

• I am so sorry. I don't have any experience but I just wanted you to know prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.
  • I'm sorry you got bad news. *creepy internet stranger hugs* :(
    Formerly known as HisLovf
    photo 359df07a-37f0-469a-9795-04df8acc5985_zps62041da9.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpgPeanut 07/05/07 @ 4w3dphoto Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpgSweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
    ? The Chart ? The Blog ? The Etsy Shop ?
  • I am so sorry today is rough, I am praying for you and for your next appointment and u/s that you get better new.
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Sorry about the bad news Becky. I'm rooting for your tubes to clear in another procedure!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • AkieshaAkiesha member
    So sorry ((hugs))
    My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since 0ct. 2011
    Me-34,DH-34
    Dx:Hypothyroidism 2008
    HSG- All clear CD 3 bloodwork normal
    SA- Abnormal Dx:MFI
    DH on 50mg Clomid 3x week
    BFP#1- 1/21/13 CP 1/24/13
    Cycle 18,19 & 20 50mg Clomid+trigger+IUI= All BFFN
    Cycle 21-25 Taking a break for now, still HIO Hoping!
    Moving onto IVF Next AF
    (PAIF/SAIF Welcome)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I so so sorry for the awful news today.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Thanks everyone!

image image imageimage 
  • imagebeckynsean11:

Thanks everyone. Just have to wait to talk to the Dr to see what he's thinking. Now that I've calmed down a little bit, it looks like there are a few surgical options to clear them. They don't sound fun but, this will be something I can use for guilt-tripping kids in the future, right? 

I wish you the best! Guilt trips are under-rated these days!

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • Im so sorry hun and hope the procedure turns out ok. Hugs and thoughts and prayers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"