Food & Nutrition

Baby Food Recipe Books

Hi I am in my second trimester with my first child, but I was looking for suggestions for any books about preparing solid baby food. I would like to make as much of my own food as possible once I am done breast feeding. Thanks I appreciate any advice.

Re: Baby Food Recipe Books

• This is a great webpage which should really give you everything you need:

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

Other than cereal, I made all my own baby food.  It's a lot of fun and I think lays the foundation for healthy eating later on in life.  DD is not the least bit picky and I think it's partly because she had so much variety early in life. 

• You can also look into Baby Led Weaning.  It's where you give the baby the same foods you eat - no purees, no cereals.  So not only are you making all your own food, it's food you would already be making.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • SusieBWSusieBW member
    imagesschwege:

This is a great webpage which should really give you everything you need:

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

Other than cereal, I made all my own baby food.  It's a lot of fun and I think lays the foundation for healthy eating later on in life.  DD is not the least bit picky and I think it's partly because she had so much variety early in life. 

I second all of this.  That website is great!

I also took a few books out of the library to look through, and finally decided to buy Super Baby Food, too.  It has lots of recipe ideas for babies and toddlers, and also a big section on preparation, selection, storage, etc for all different individual fruits and veggies, and even how to grow a lot of them in your kitchen (I might have avocado plants all over my house right now, including one grown from DD"s first solid food).  Plus a section on tons of DIY household products for babies and not, like baby wipes and various cleaning products.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageblu-eyedwife:
    You can also look into Baby Led Weaning.  It's where you give the baby the same foods you eat - no purees, no cereals.  So not only are you making all your own food, it's food you would already be making.

We did this, although my mom sort of teased me when I talked with her about it and said "yea I did that too, only I just called it feeding you." 

Basic premise is that kids can eat most foods and don't need purees. IMO it's a way simpler way to do things.  There are lots of posts about it on the AP board as well, and there's a book Baby-Led Weaning by Ripley. Although a quick google search/reading gets you the general idea.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"