Pre-School and Daycare

Need ideas for wheeled gift for 3 year old

My nephew will be 3 and he is into "cars, trucks and wheels" right now.  Any specific suggestions for his birthday gift? 

Amazon links would be appreciated.  Price range is $30-35.

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need ideas for wheeled gift for 3 year old

• How about a scooter?  DS has a SpiderMan one and loves it!  Teaches balance and he's getting pretty good with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MeesheMeeshe member
    Plasma car!  I just ordered one for $41 on Amazon.  It's the second one for my 2.5 year old because the other one the steering wheel screw is stripped.  Although I wish it would have lasted longer (I'm not sure if we did something wrong or what because it's only been 6 months), the amount of joy he gets from zipping around on that thing makes it worth another one.  It is so cute to see!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the suggestions.  He already has a scooter and I'm not sure the plasma car would work--it's a bit out of our price range right now which really needs to stick to the 30-35 and when I googled it the prices are more 45-50.  We are having a baby this month and buying a new house and really can't afford to do more than the 30-35. 

I was thinking more matchbox cars or some kind of toy that he can play with independently.  Outside, he prefers to play baseball and has all of the equipment for that.  He also has a little motored car that he can drive around. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mgrulkemgrulke member

The orginal "big wheels".  We loved them growing up and all the children at the day care will ride this bike age 3-10.  They love it.

These are fun too!  Very addicting to play with

https://www.amazon.com/Maxim-30942-Everearth-Junior-Racer/dp/B00279IZP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368041131&sr=8-1&keywords=wooden+car+ramp

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My brother got DS a 50 pack of hot wheels and one of the carrying case for xmas (he was almost 3 1/2) and it was the BIGGEST hit ever. He plays w/ those cars constantly, takes them in the car, etc.  If the big pack is out of your price range, I'd get like the 20 pack and then the case (case is essential, LOL. that's a gift for your sister). You can get a 20 car set & the 48 car case on amazon in your price range.

I would advise against any of the hotwheels track type things though, they're really hard for LOs to put together (and frankly the parents too, I can't stand when he wants me to use them), they fall apart, etc. Definitely for older boys.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"