Georgia Babies

Disney

We're planning our first trip to Disney.  Any recomendations on which hotels are best for little ones - our kids are 2.5 years and 1 year old.  Any good places to get cheaper rates on the rooms? 

Thanks so much!

Re: Disney

• I just finished up my internship there last fall before I got pregnant. The best thing I learned was to stay at the resort itself! The all star resorts are pretty well priced especially in the down season which in my opinion is the best time to go! No crazy amounts of people and all resorts offer free shuttles to all the parks, water parks, and downtown Disney. The All Star resort is still really nice I've stayed in the sport resort but there are also friendly hotel right down from downtown Disney that are nice, well priced and offer the free shuttle service as well! Hope this helps!
  • We have been to Disney 3 times and stayed in a different place each time. Once, we rented a house with some friends of ours and that worked out great cheaper than Disney and we had our own pool and spa. We rented a house in the Windsor Hill subdivision. We also saved a ton of money on food since we had a kitchen.

Onsite, we have stayed at the Caribbean Beach and at Port Orleans French Quarter. We prefer the PO French Quarter resort. PO has only one bus stop and the buses were never crowded like the ones at CB. Also, the rooms were a lot nicer and the resort was much smaller less walking at PO. PO also has a water taxi you can take to Downtown Disney.

We chose the moderate resorts over the value ones because the moderate resort have water slides at the pools and you also get a mini fridge in your room.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are staying at art of animation Cars suite next week so I can report on that later. The value resorts are a good value considering the transportation/ free parking at the parks. Personally, i cant stand staying off site even with the best deals off site, the Disney service is unmatched. Travel during off seasons to avoid crowds and save money. Consider going when they offer free disney dining plan to save on food. Read sites like mousesavers.com and Disney diva. All ears.net and Disboards also have great info.

• Daisy22Daisy22 member

imageslwprincess:
    We are staying at art of animation Cars suite next week so I can report on that later. The value resorts are a good value considering the transportation/ free parking at the parks. Personally, i cant stand staying off site even with the best deals off site, the Disney service is unmatched. Travel during off seasons to avoid crowds and save money. Consider going when they offer free disney dining plan to save on food. Read sites like mousesavers.com and Disney diva. All ears.net and Disboards also have great info.

Agree with all of this except we are staying at AOA in a cars suite in December for 2 nights.

Port Orleans French Quarter is our favorite moderate for all the reasons that were posted above. If we do not stay on Disney Vacation Club points, this is where we stay.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Another options which is also on Disney property is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. They are condos and are spacious and affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"