Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Best stain remover?!

Ok so my son basically destroys his clothes, I grew up with sisters so this mud,food,mess making stuff is new to me...we use tide and I've been using shout but it doesn't seem to work very well ,,Any other suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best stain remover?!

• iteachkiteachk member

I pretreat with Shout, and if caught in time, it works very well.  My kids wore new light-colored shirts today and destroyed them.  Shout took out strawberry stains, paint splatters, dirt, and chocolate milk.

And when it doesn't work, I throw the clothes in a bucket of water mixed with Oxi Clean powder for a couple of days, and it takes any remaining stains out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Put them in the sun!

Works on my sons cloth diapers and my spaghetti splattered shirts like magic :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers PicMonkeyCollage
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Oxiclean in a bucket and soak for a couple days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I use Zout. Its like 4 dollars and works the way it should.
  • ZOUT! It is the only one where I have watched the stain vanish in front of my eyes. I've used a paste of oxi clean before since soaking it per their directions didn't do as good of a job with berry stains & it ate a hole in the clothes, so now I only add it to the wash.... 

I'm not a fan of tide either. I have bad allergies and i've always used all free & clear per my doc's recommendation. I use the dreft on the baby clothes and I don't see much of a difference in how the clothes come out between LO's clothes that sneak into my wash and her own load. 

• I use Zout for treating stains.  I try to rinse the clothes in warm water then scrub the Zout on with an old toothbrush.  I've been doing this for years with my own clothes too.  As for laundry detergent, I now use any free & clear that's on sale.  Since I don't want to use anything with fragrance or color for DD, I figure I mine as well use it for all our clothes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Have a bucket filled with water and Biz (you can find it in the laundry aisle of the super market). Throw the soiled clothes in the bucket to soak overnight. Throw it right in with your regular wash. Gets out the worst stains.

We've done this since DD was born and now DH uses it for his clothes, too.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Oh, and I use Arm & Hammer Sensitive Skin for all of our clothes. I have sensitive skin as well as DD and it is so much easier to just throw it all in together.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I love Resolve (formerly Spray N Wash) Stain Stick. It's nice because you don't have to wash the clothes immediately; in fact, I find it works best if I leave it on for at least three days. It gets pretty much everything out. The OxiClean stain stick is pretty fab too, especially for light-colored clothes. I'm a big fan of anything that allows me to treat now and wash later.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• crh1221crh1221 member
    BIZ BUCKET like a previous poster said! We keep a 5 gallon paint bucket in my daughter's room with a mixture of Bix and water and all of her dirty clothes go in it every night. On laundry day we just pour the whole thing in the washing machine, pour in a little of whatever detergent I bought that week, and it comes out sparkling. Biz is amazing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I boil them like the old days. Boil then keep them in the sun. It works wonder....
  • Zout and the sun for those super tough stains.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"