June 2011 Moms
Options

s/o birthday-- invitations?

Last year we did cute invitations from vistaprint (very reasonable) and DH wants to do evites this year.  I hate to have the added expense of invitations, postage, etc but are evites tacky?

What do you do for invitations?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o birthday-- invitations?

• Options

I had plans to hand make some really cute invites that are shaped like Minnie Mouse (the theme for DD's party), but I am looking at my calendar for the next couple weeks and am pretty busy. So evites might be the way to go.

I don't think they are tacky for a b-day party.  Depending on how tech-savy your grandparents are (or any other older people you may be inviting), you may want to call them to make sure they know about it.

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I always use paperlesspost.com for invites.  I would rather spend $$ on decor and other fun things. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kc192kc192 member
    I prefer paper (i love stationary).... but with money and time constraints I have no problem with an evite! I think they can be a little tacky IF it's a big fancy party or if you have a lot of (older non tech savvy) guests who have not caught on to the evite thing. LO had a big party last year so I bought just a few paper invites for the gparents, parents, and a few adults. The rest of the guests were friends so they got an evite. This year our party will be much smaller in scale so everyone is getting an evite.
    BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"