Dads & Dads-to-be

Sleepless wife...

My wife is having problems sleeping...which translates to me also having problems sleeping.  I know it's probably just preparing ourselves for when the little one joins us in September...but I would like to be able to get some good sleep while I can.  Suggestions to help the wife get better sleep?  She's 16 weeks and I'm afraid it will only get worse as she begins to get uncomfortable....

Re: Sleepless wife...

• PrimePrime member

Body Pillow!  She can manipulate it however she needs to get comfortable.

My wife has one of these and loves it:
    https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogle-Total-Body-Pillow/dp/B0000635WI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364312023&sr=8-1&keywords=pregnancy+body+pillow

• I second the body pillow.  My wife raved about her's while she was pregnant.

As far as you getting your sleep....that is what the couch is for.

• Loading the player...
  • Celestial sleep herbal tea. It i natural and perfectly safe for baby. My doctor is the one that told me about it because I was having trouble sleeping. She can also use Benadryl but be aware it can cause nightmares that seem real. And I too second the body pillow, I got one and sleep much better!
  • Also, check with your doc, but mine approved Unisom... which put me out like a light. I only take it once in a while, but it provides a quite solid 8-9 hours of sleep, and then if I don't sleep as well the next night, I at least don't feel totally exhausted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Pillow makes it better for her, and worse for you.  Maybe you should take the couch, not every night, but for 1-2 catchup nights per week.  Like Sunday night before you start the week, and Wednesday to get over the hump.  It does get worse, as you go on.  Third trimester my wife has barely been sleeping at all, and we have a queen size bed, so I end up with a sliver of bed and pillows pushed up against me, the blanket totally shoved against me (she is hot all the time), etc.
  • Sorry for lurking but I do have a couple of suggestions from a sleepless pregnant woman. Pillows are okay but more importantly if you snore please try a breathe right strip or something similar. Also if you're a wild sleeper don't take offense if she goes to another room and lastly, be considerate. I know this isn't an easy time for dads either an everyone needs rest so both parents need to try to be understanding that no sleep makes a miserable household.
  • Get her the Leachco back n body, buy her some nasal strips, and get yourself accustomed to the couch. Pregnancy sleep sucks for just about everyone.

Also, the body pillow I suggested is amazing, especially toward the end of pregnancy. It becomes impossible to turn anyway, so this one is nice not to lug the pillow side to side in addition to the giant belleh. It also works well after baby is born to wrap around mommy's waist similar to how a boppy works.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imagepolooo26:

What's with the woman lurkers bumping 1 month+ old threads from someone who has only posted 4 times and is most likely never going to see the response?

It's lame, quit doing it.

Geez, sowwy. I thought I could add some perspective considering I had been a sleepless wife at one point. I was on my phone, which apparently was not set to last post date.  I didn't look at the actual post date.  My bad.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"