March 2013 Moms
Options

feeding in a carrier/sling??

Anyone BF in a sling or carrier... If so what sling/carrier and how do you do it??

I'm Ready to lose it. Everytime I sit down to feed DS2... DS1 starts digging in something or leaves the room.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

Re: feeding in a carrier/sling??

• Options
    I have in the k'tan, but sitting down.  You could totally do it walking around though.  I too am often running after somebody with my son attached.  Fun, fun times.
  • Options
    I have in a Moby. It isn't hands free but I have done it only using one hand walking around. It is very helpful during a growth spurt. There are You Tube videos showing how to do this if you search for "breastfeeding in a Moby wrap".
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use a ring sling that was converted from a woven wrap.  It's SO easy!
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used the ergo and it's super easy and hands free
  • Options
    I have used both the moby and the ergo. Ergo was way easier. Just lower/loosen baby a little, lift your boob up a little and Bobs your uncle!
    Moby worked too, but I really had to wiggle him down and over, so he was almost lying down.

Both hands free, but ergo trumps moby.

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    No experience nursing in the carrier but I just wanted to commiserate- DD just smeared peanut butter all over his face while I was bf'ing DD Tongue Tied
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    I've BFed with a Beco Butterfly2 a FEW times.  You just lower the straps so baby is at boob level and you're good to go. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    I have a homemade sling but that works better then the front pack for breast feeding on the go
  • Options
    I haven't tried this yet - I probably would have if we didn't have doors that close us into the living room when I nurse. So DS can't leave and is forced to play and read books or watch TV with me in the room.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    Ergo and Moby both work very well for me, hands-free (however, I can't wait until he's old enough to hold onto the boob when it slips!).  I also BF in one of those Seven Slings carriers...it was SUPER EASY and the perfect angle, but I just didn't trust it much to be safe ...it seems so precarious.  I had to keep both hands on baby for that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"