Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

1st time mom: What to look for?

I got my BFP, Saturday, May 4th 2013! My husband and I have been trying for 3 months. This will be our first child. I'm probably barely 4 weeks and I know that's a little early to be thinking "it's in the bag" but I'm excited and like to have all my ducks in a row. I quit my OB last year and I have not found a new one. I'm looking for a new Ob and the best hospital. The problem is I don't know what I'm looking for. I would like to know what it is I should be looking for in an OB and hospital. Private practice? NICU? One Dr. to be sure they will be the delivering dr? In house sonograms? Genetic screening? I was reading a post about Presby Plano and something about requiring you to bring baby to nursery for dr. appt after baby is born...these are the things I'm talking about.

Re: 1st time mom: What to look for?

• Options

Congrats on your BFP. That is amazing!! What area of DFW are you in? First I would check with your insurance company if you have insurance. call and get a list of OB's that take your insurance, and then go through and search each of them. I look for everything, and anything. Comments, where they work, patient reviews, any public information. If there is anything bad, it will usually come up somewhere.

Physicians can be connected to multiple hospitals around the area, so ask them where they are credentialed to work. If there are more than one hospital they work with, look at those hospitals and get feedback on the L/D floors. That might help you decide if that is the Dr. and Hospital you want to go with. Also ask your girlfriends! If they have a particular person they like, make a appt to meet with them.

• Options
    Thank you for your reply! We are in North Dallas/Plano area. I've talked to the insurance company and have narrowed it down to Plano Presby and 2 Dr's. Dr. Nari Ghodsi (she was the only one available at the office I like) and Dr. Randall Burt. I picked their offices because they offer in office labs, procedures, etc... I hate waiting for results so that was important. I can't decide if the sex of the Dr. is important to me or not. Also, Dr. Ghodsi is young.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

One of my friends had both her babies at Plano Presby. From what I hear, it is supposed to be a very good hospital. Her second boy, she had to have a emergency CS. Everything was great for her after and her and baby were healthy.

I'm actually in Keller/FW area. I don't have issues with sex. My OB is a man and has been my doc for over 10 years. I love him to death. I think it depends on how well they mesh with you, but experience is a + and I think that would trump if your Dr is a guy or girl.

Burt: https://www.randalljburtmd.com/

https://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Randall_J_Burt/reviews

I can't find info on the female because that is probably a abbreviation for her ful name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"