Birthday Parties
Options

Birthday Gift Wrapping Question

Hi ladies, I have a question in need of mommy opinions. I am trying to wrap a 1st bday gift for a sweet little boy. I have 2 toys, a book, a t shirt and a bib all in a construction/farming theme. I found the most adorable basket for everything to go in and then I usually do the nice shrink wrap and ribbons. 

Here's my issue...everything doesn't fit in the basket lol I either have to scrap the basket and start my search again or take the toys out of the packaging. Would you be offended to get toys not in the original wrapper but clearly brand new? I feel like it might look tacky but its also going to a super close friend and maybe she'd understand? 

Re: Birthday Gift Wrapping Question

• Options
    I probably wouldn't even notice that it's out of the box plus you're saving me time cutting off the damn strings and other attachments!  Otherwise just get a bigger basket.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagedragon_chica:
    I probably wouldn't even notice that it's out of the box plus you're saving me time cutting off the damn strings and other attachments!  Otherwise just get a bigger basket.

Ditto this! Although, if you notice she already has that toy, I would keep the box and receipt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PPs, removing toys from their boxes while your kid wants.it.right.now can be annoying, so you're saving her that trouble, just keep boxes and receipt in case it's a double

FWIW I always ask my mom, sister, MIL.. to take the toys out of their boxes or at least to unscrew and cut the strings of the toys for DS and I do the same for my nieces

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind not having to take the toy out of the packaging.  However, if she needs to return it, make sure you keep the box and receipt.  You could always talk to your friend to find out if her LO has any of the items you got too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wedseptwedsept member
    I wouldn't be happy if it was out of the packaging.  I would get a bigger basket.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed when we get gifts that are out of the packaging.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"